All Discussions Tagged 'wind' (18)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Wind Resistant Drone

Hi guys :) I'm writing from Turkey. So, I and my crew will attend an armed unmanned aerial vehicle competition. In this competition, the sh…

Started by Mustafa Dogan

9 Feb 15
Reply by Roly

Winds/ Airdata

Was curious to if anyone has figured a way to pull real time wind data while the drone is in flight? Airdata does a good job at this, but o…

Started by Al Garcia

0 Nov 24, 2018

Calculating Quadcopter state based on motor speeds (without sensors)

Hi! I've seen people create simulations for quadcopters where they calculate the drone's state (attitude and location) based on the motor s…

Started by Ari Schwartz

0 Nov 29, 2017

Ships and UAVs - They can work together

Hi there, I recently read some articles about UAVs being used for the purpose of structural inspections of offshore oil platforms and the c…

Started by Thom

0 Oct 24, 2017

Help with setting up wind conditions on ArduCopter SITL

I managed to set up SITL of Arducopter with MAVProxy and Flightgear. My project involves testing and extracting flight data with certain wi…

Started by Rahul Raghunath

0 Jan 29, 2016

Use of hot-wire anemometer for wind speed estimation

I've wondering if the use of a hot-wire anemometer such as the $17 Modern Device one could be an alternative to pitot tubes: https://modern…

Started by Jose A. J. Berni

1 Jan 9, 2016
Reply by Andre K.

Drone Pilot Weather App

Hi guys, we developed a Drone Buddy App, it's an app shows you local weather condition, especially wind speed. Also it contains no fly zone…

Started by Mark Zhong

0 May 14, 2015

How to measure prop against winds?

Hi,  I'm a beginner. I've read and known what the pitch of a prop is. My question: Is there a method (or rule of thumb) about how to select…

Started by Tommy Le

1 Jan 16, 2015
Reply by Ray Lionel

Wind vane angular sensor

Hi,I need to build a wind vane to measure wind angle on a autonomous sailing boat. To do that i need a way to measure the angle of a rotati…

Started by Magnus

4 Aug 31, 2013
Reply by markspend01

Drone Design for Strong Wind

Aloha from Hawaii, I try to upgrade my Quadcopter in order to scope with the permanent strong wind conditions we have in Hawaii, and at th…

Started by Jim Spencer

2 Mar 4, 2013
Reply by Jim Spencer

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service