I have $1000 to build an autonomous quadcopter

Hello Gentlemen,

My name is Dave Gage, I'm a senior studying mechanical engineering at UW Milwaukee.  I was hoping that someone could help me out with a parts list.  

A professor told me that he would be willing to spend $1000 to build an autonomous copter of some sort with collision avoidance, and he asked me to build it for him.  He seems to be dead-set on the craft being a quadcopter, but I am open for suggestions.  I plan on purchasing some sort of ArduPilot Kit including an array of sensors, and possibly another Arduino to monitor them.  I also plan on building the frame.

What's the best copter (again, it doesn't have to be a quadcopter) you could build with $700 to be a platform for an array of sensors?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You killed your budget with two words:  collision avoidance

If you want to go collision avoidance.. you need a LOT of CPU speed.. best would be a quad core board to run your optics with... we are going far over your budget.. and testing.. will cost a bit too :) You don't know if the copter avoids the obstacle.. if you dont send it into it.. 1000 bugs are not enough..

Cheers

J

This reply was deleted.

Activity