2 servos burnt up

This is the second time... First time burnt 1 Hitec servo, this time 2 Hitec servos

My setup:

Powering the APM 2.5 from two power sources, both 5v (removed JP2 of course)

Heli: Futaba RX with 3 - Hitec HS 5245 MG for the collective, 1 Futaba S9275 (its OK)

Also powered by USB (5v)

I had no problems having all three powering the APM at the same time...NONE...

My conclusion:

I had all three powers plugged in at the time, the only thing in common, that I can come up with in both situation... I did a "erase", "reset" then "reboot" to clear out the previous parameters.  Has anyone else experienced this type of problem??

Any in put will be appreciated.

Thanks, Brian

TREX 500 FB

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi,

How can this be configuered in arduplane?

there is no RC_SPEED parameter.

Thx,

Gábor

• Developer

I think plane always updates the servos at 50hz.  It may not be possible to adjust it for plane because generally the speed at which you need to update the control surfaces is much less than you need for a quad.

• Thx Randy!

I wasn't sure about this.

It was strange that the first 4 channel is steady as a rock, but the last 4 is jumping randomly sometimes.

I was thinking if thies channels have higher rate like 100hz or more.

What is the difference rally?

Thx again,

Gábor

• Hows it going?

I've burnt out analogue servoes, and no im on digital metal gears from hitech.. they dont seem to overheat or anything now, but theyre rather slow to respond and are not synchronised... no ideas what to do next..

Did you get any more info about your problem(s)?

• Hi folks,

Now this is elementary, how to change the refresh rates of the servo connected from the mission planner. I already fried two futaba 3305 servos while testing on the bench. I use APM 2.5, 3DR 933MHz radio

• Hmmm... this is the first time I've heard of servos on a heli "burning up".  What happens exactly?

The whole 50Hz for analog thing is... maybe just old data.  I've driven $2 HK analgo servos at 125hz with no problem.

• What is the refresh rate set in to MP? From memory it should be 125hz for digital servos, or 50hz for analog otherwise you risk frying servos. The only other cause I can think of is the limits weren't set properly leading to binding (leading cause of servo failure) 

This reply was deleted.

Activity