Hi Guys,

I do not know how many have had issues with 3DR/ udrones customer service. I am quite disappointed with their customer service response:

1. I do not see any customer service number to call/ enquire. I am surprised!!

2. Not completely informative and I have to wait days before getting information on an order/ any issues with an order before even placing it.

3. The udrones website is not completely informative, with broken links, lack of information on money payment methods on checkout (udrones).

Also, I wanted to avail coupon code as I am ordering for an institution project, but they do not provide coupon code for udrones (which is again, part of 3DR linkage, if I understand correctly). They earlier said they would, but later said the information was incorrect from their side. I am ordering Quad-D frame assembled arducopter which is not available directly on 3DR. The International FedEx shipping charges at udrones is 136$, more than twice at 3DR and this can't be combined with products bought at 3DR simultaneously!

I completely respect APM and have my contributions via forums too where ever I can, but having ordered a product, must go hand in hand with an informative website and an available customer service when you need them.

Hope this really improves!

Regards..

Views: 12225

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

The optical flow sensor is being redesigned due to one component that is no longer being manufactured. The product will be re-released when the new boards come in (this should be within a month). 

Alex, sorry to hear that. One of our customer support representatives has been out sick for two weeks and it looks like her tickets were not properly transferred to another rep. We're on it and should be caught up on this in the next day or so. Please PM me if you don't get the response you need by then. 

Woah Woah :)

I wasn't flaming or blaming anyone - Just pointing out that as someone who orders goods internationally on a near daily basis, I would have expected better customer service from a potential customer with $500 worth of goods in their cart. 

This is just my opinion and I'm not representing anyone other than myself (certainly not the "overall opinion" as you suggested hugues)

Clearly diydrones store has a great reputation which is evident from reading through all the positive feedback on purchases that are throughout these forums.

I am still intent on making my purchase from diydrones store - I was just chasing some additional information before I did.

As it turns out, Chris has just responded with an update as to why the Optical flow sensor isn't available at the moment. (Updating of components) Thanks for that mate. On that note - will the new release be a different version model? Or the same part unit with equivalent replacement components?

Cheers, James.

James: It's the same product, but with a different lens (I think). Anyway, it should work exactly the same. 

Is all sorted now. Just letting you know so you can potentially improve the process!

Because at udrones.com we focus on RTF products, the boxes are bigger (21"-26"x21"-26"x7"), and they pay a little more. Also because it's an RTF product, sometimes with Spectrum RC, it's an investment that needs to go in the safest way possible, that is International Priority Service. Fedex Mexico account can't connect to Volusion's shipping system, so we need to tweak the shipping manually depending on zones, products and options. 

We're working on our next 3DR company site and e-commerce site for your convenience. It's almost ready :-)

Same story for me, still waiting reply from support to order replacement parts.

Hi Luis, Thanks! we need to check that contact tool I guess :S  The difference is because the size of the box and the Fedex International Priority service. Soon we will have more options for US sales. Please bare with us in the meantime, Thank you again.

Your right! also because the size of the boxes, the RTF and the unassembled KIT box fro the quad is quite different. ;-)

It's really impossible for us to offer the Free Shipping for the international shipments, I wish we could. We even cover a part of the cost. The boxes from Udrones are minimum in 21"x21"x"7", with RC contoller a little bigger. From 3DR if you order 800+ $ it can still get packed in a medium box. Remember we're not a big company like Best Buy or any high roller, and we don't want to be like them. You will love the new website and the content on it, please bare with us while we're there. Thanks!

I'm making sure you'll get a positive response by tomorrow. Thanks!

RSS

© 2020   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service