I do not know how many have had issues with 3DR/ udrones customer service. I am quite disappointed with their customer service response:
1. I do not see any customer service number to call/ enquire. I am surprised!!
2. Not completely informative and I have to wait days before getting information on an order/ any issues with an order before even placing it.
3. The udrones website is not completely informative, with broken links, lack of information on money payment methods on checkout (udrones).
Also, I wanted to avail coupon code as I am ordering for an institution project, but they do not provide coupon code for udrones (which is again, part of 3DR linkage, if I understand correctly). They earlier said they would, but later said the information was incorrect from their side. I am ordering Quad-D frame assembled arducopter which is not available directly on 3DR. The International FedEx shipping charges at udrones is 136$, more than twice at 3DR and this can't be combined with products bought at 3DR simultaneously!
I completely respect APM and have my contributions via forums too where ever I can, but having ordered a product, must go hand in hand with an informative website and an available customer service when you need them.
Hope this really improves!
Replies are closed for this discussion.
I finally got a reply from Yerenia email@example.com, one thing I don't understand is why does it takes 2 weeks?
I have no problem waiting, as long as your company will keep me inform of the progress of my order.
I also sent an email last night because I want to add a replacement kit to my order, there is no way to order the kit separately. I hope I can get an answer by today.
I had the same message when I was checking my order "You do not have access to this page. Please contact customer service for further details on accessing this password protected section."
Thank you !
Hi, I was really worried about the two weeks delay and checked everywhere on the email for your inquiry with no luck, sorry for the inconvenience. There are some Volusion bugs that in many times we can't predict. Thank you for your patience.
Just went to place my order and noticed that the 915Mhz telemetry kit is now on backorder. Any idea on lead time?
But still no update or mail from 3DR,
I sent you PM.
I understand 3DR is undergoing a lot of change in their fulfillment and customer service system. My experience as a first-time customer:
- Ordered from the old Udrones store around 1 May and was frustrated because (expensive) FedEx Int'l was the only way to get parts to us in Hawaii.
- Received our first APM 2.5+ with accessories fairly fast, and everything worked well together for seven or eight flight sessions.
- Placed a second order for a PX4 board and associated parts from the new store.3drobotics.com. USPS Priority Shipping was available on the new store-- huzzah!
- Suddenly APM board stopped being able to initialize compass and such. Voltage regulator symptoms were the same as described in this thread: http://diydrones.ning.com/forum/topics/apm-2-5-no-dataflash-compass...
- Emailed help@3dr asking for an RMA to get a new APM board. Received automated response promising a reply in 48 hours. Never did receive a human response to that email (and a couple follow-up emails over the next week).
- Meanwhile...the PX4 order never arrived after a week or so. Some cryptic text on the 3DR order status page now said "backordered". 3DR did not reach out in any way to say "Hey, your item is backordered", and none of the items in the order were listed as "backorder" when I placed the order.
- After I emailed sales@3dr they informed me that one small item (a $2 cable on the $300 PX4 order) had been backordered, holding up the whole shipment. They resolved the backorder issue by sending a slightly longer cable and gave me a USPS tracking number that day for the whole PX4 order.
- After waiting (and waiting) on the RMA request, and seeing that the PX4 shipment had not been handed off to USPS in the typical timeframe, I called customer service and spoke with "Sam".
- Sam spoke with the Shipping Dept. and apparently my PX4 order had never left the 3DR building, although it should have left almost a week prior. There was no real explanation from the Shipping Dept. other than, it should have gone out.
- It was apparently difficult for Sam to find my original APM order in the order system, even though he had my customer ID. Perhaps this was due to the switchover from the Udrones store.
- At the end of the call, Sam promised that the PX4 order would ship and that I would receive an RMA number with instructions by the end of today. I'll keep you posted.
My takeaways so far:
- The firstname.lastname@example.org email address is currently a black hole. Maybe someone is reading the emails? But they are not responding. It should not be this difficult to get an RMA.
- If you're paying a price premium for 3DR-branded products solely in anticipation of service and support, it may not be worthwhile. (If, on the other hand, you're trying to support one of the cornerstones of the diydrones community, that's another story.)
- Next time we need to order 3DR-branded parts I will try to order them first via another channel, rather than directly from 3DR, in the hope that the dealer can buffer us from 3DR's fulfillment and support issues.
I think what we see here is what we see in many high tech (and low tech) businesses grappling with growth and demand. In this case be it 3DR, Udrones, jdrones (Thailand)... All of these people/businesses are really focussed on the technology side and working out new technologies, products, software etc. and have no real experience/expertise on the operations side of the business. ie. Taking care of customers. Once they hit a critical mass maybe they will realize this and bring in someone with experience in Operations, SUpply Chain, customer service etc... Until then, it will be a struggle. I know I struggle with Jdrones in Thailand until I finally found their found number and address out and now place a call after every e-mail or order to follow up. Should not be necessary.....
Hi Todd, I apologize for the bad experience you have had at 3D Robotics. There is no excuse for the service you have received, but I can assure you that we will do all thats needed so this doesn't happen again (both in the shipping department and customer service). Sam informed me that he sent you your RMA earlier today. Please let me know if you didn't receive it, and please all feedback is always welcomed. We are very interested and working hard on improving our service. I am truly sorry for this.
Thanks for the follow-up, Lorena.
I'm happy to report that I did receive my PX4 order, as well as an RMA shipping label for the faulty APM 2.5. I hope the RMA turnaround is quick so that I can get back to flying the APM !
DJ, very sorry to hear that. I checked your account, and you should have received a reply yesterday, which was two business days after your first email. (Please understand that the customer support team does not work on weekends -- your first email came in after the close of business on Friday). I'll escalate this and ask them to respond today. Again my apologies for the team being one day late in their response.
What in the hell? After all the back and forth about my trouble with customer service, you have cancelled the other order and re-sold it to me with increased shipping cost! This is crazy. You didn't ask me if I wanted to pay increased shipping cost. You didn't email at all. A week after I got a confirmation of the order, you raise the price and resell it to me!
Hello DJ...there's obviously some kind of confusion here.
Can we hop on the phone to sort it out? If you can send us a note at email@example.com with some contact information and a good time to call, we'll get you straightened out.