I hope someone will know the answer because i don't where i have to search :-) anymore..

A few days ago (4/04/2013) I had a nice flight with my tricopter. It was windy (16 knots - gust 26 knots). No problem for loiter,  RTL and autolanding ! ! I decide to try a short mission. Near the first point, my tricopter didn't find the waypoint (maybe to much wind), and flipt !! Crashed ! See log (2013-04-04 20-49 8)

Th servo was down, but i didn't saw anything else

Today, i went on the field for a new flight. 3DR fixed (9 satellites), stabilize ok, alt lock ok, loiter mode don't work , drift and crash !

In the afternoon, i try again, gps locked (again 9 staellites), stabilize and alt lock ok but nothing for the loiter mode and RTL ! (check second log 2013-04-07 17-12 21)

It looks like my gsp is not working but i have a solid blue light on the apm 2.5.+ 3D fix on my artificial horizon !! Should my gps be broken after the first crash ? I don't believe it's possible..

I'm using the mission planner 1.2.41 and the version 2.9.1b for the firmware on my apm 2.5.

GPS 3DR LEA6 v1.1

Thx  for your help...

2013-04-04 20-49 8.log

2013-04-07 17-12 21.log

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• In your first flight, your motor outputs are running pretty high, and your motor 2 output saturated right at the start of the flip.  To me, this suggests that your battery got too low and wasn't able to provide enough power to the motors to maintain control.

In your second log, it looks like your copter flipped right after you put it in Loiter mode, but I don't really see why.  Your pitchIn changes rapidly, and your motors are being commanded between min and max values.  You were only in loiter mode for a few seconds, and I never see a change to RTL.

This reply was deleted.

Activity