3DR X8 startup issue

Hi everyone.

A few days ago I recieved my 3DR X8 and Started calibrating it yesterday. I have a few issues with it.

1: I cannot uppdate the firmware, it goes halfway and then says it can't connect. I know that it is RTF and is preloaded, I just wanted to go through the steps. Connecting to the APM however works great and I could get to callibrating.

2: When callibrating the Spectrum DX8 that I ordered in the package i can only callibrate channel 1-6, 7 and 8 dont react to any of the inputs.

3: Worst of all, when all is said and done I attemted to start everything upp. Start the RX, throttle off, connect battery to X8, 2 seconds and one of the motors starts reving upp. Try to initiate startupp, all props rev upp...A LOT, initiate shutdown, all but the one prop stopp.

Reconfigured and still the same. How can one motor start without any input att all from the RX?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If you upload new firmware to the copter, all of the settings and calibrations will be erased. This will negate most of the point of getting an RTF copter. You could look through the settings to get familiar with them, but every copter is test flown before it is shipped. That way you can get flying right away without having all of the knowledge needed to complete a proper set up.

• Esc's calibration worked fine, OSD however stays static as if it's not getting telemetry from APM
  • uppdate:

When i turn the X( pointing straight upp, the motor stopps :/

• Admin

@Mikael,

What version of the MP are you presently using? You cannot have a MavLink connection initiated when attempting to update the firmware.

Regards,

TCIII Admin

This reply was deleted.

Activity