3dr y6 and FrSKY TARANIS

I have a 3DR y6 that I built form the a kit. I got a FrSKY TARANIS to go with it. I installed the software onto the Pixhawk I think that I did that correctly. Where I seem to be having trouble is connecting the Taranis to the Pixhawk. My receiver connected to the Pixhawk using a ppm encoder that I bought form 3dr. I can not seem to install the software for mission planner onto the Taranis. My receiver is bound to the remote.

This is my first multirotor. So i might just be making a stupid mistake.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I too have gone through figuring out how to get my 3dr y6 kit and Taranis X9d.

There are many variables but this may get you going.

1 Read the faqs and instructions in arducopter forum

2 bind the Taranis to the x8r using d16 mode...look for the green indicator light on the x8r

3.Go to mission planner and connect with usb cable

4 hit connect in mission planner, if it does not connect, make sure you have usb drivers... bootloaders et cetera... you may even need to install .net if you are on a windows machine.

5 go through the setup wizard, under initial config, this will have you setup failsafes et cetera

6. make sure rc controls are not reversed

• Yes, the software from mission planner gets installed on the Pixhawk if that is what you are talking about. The Taranis is just the RC controller. Not sure if you need the ppm encoder as if you are using the X8R you can go with only one servo lead.

This reply was deleted.

Activity