3DRobotics temporarily stops shipments outside of US and Canada

Hi,

I have received the following email from 3DRobotics last night, my Iris quadocopter was already in France, at Fedex office for a delivery at home on monday. 3DRobotics say they cancel my order and will refund me, rhis mean they will ask Fedex to send back to product to the US, why such a decision for all customers ? Why cancelling a shipement when the parcel is nearly at your home ?

Here is the email I have received from 3DR

************************************************************************************************

Thanks for your order with 3DR. We're writing to let you know that, due to a temporary change in our shipping policies, we're unable to ship orders outside of the US and Canada. We'll be cancelling and refunding your order immediately. We're very sorry for the inconvenience, and we'll let you know when we can resume shipments to your country.

If you have any questions or would like to make modifications to your order, write to us at help@3drobotics.com or call our support line at +1 (858) 225-1414, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm PST.

Sincerely,

The 3DR Team

Views: 50005

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Didn't think I'd say this, but you have a good point!

Also, if it were just simple like maybe cutting better rates or even setting up distributors, that could be done in transition and they wouldn't have to stop cold turkey.

So something's fishy! And very scary

Long is realtive, sigh!

Hi David,

I can only imagine your concern about the investment you've made in 3DR.  But let me reassure you that 3DR isn't going anywhere, you've supported us and we're going to support you.  We're just working through some complex export control issues that affect the US flight controller industry right now.  As a precautionary measure, we've limited our shipping to the US and Canada only while we work with the relevant authorities and hope to fully resume international shipping soon.  

I will update the forum with shipping status as soon as I can.  You can reach me, Vu Tran - Director of Support, at vu@3drobotics.com if you ever have any questions or concerns.  

I'm kicking myself because last week I ordered and received (just like you) several Pixhawks and some telemetry stuff, VERY QUICKLY. I omitted to add 14 motors and some props. They got stopped.

If it's govt control..... it's not the America I thought I knew when I was there.... but then I guess I was a little(??) more naive then. The ones that were on to it were looked at like whackos. Wow. Freedom brother!

There aren't any good distributors where I live. If your lucky you can find Arduino proto boards.... although I did buy a Beaglebone Black... Go figure.

Pees me off, You guys aren't the ones with the restrictions!!!

I wonder how you'd be talking if you were the effected ones?

Paranoia aside! I can't order the product I have based my company on!!

So OK, they'll solve this soon.... this time...

Crap! That's got me pretty much stopped!

tin foil my friend.. not tin...

hzl

21662 not bad

hzl

thats why I moved to aluminum composited with copper, I  wasnt sure.. but i HAVE used copperscreened rooms for working on body implantable circuits in the early 1980s.. :)

hzl

whoo hoo 21739 just a few more to go.. !!

BTW a .50cal  steel ammo case sealed with copper  meshing around the lid  failed to stop a modern cell phone as well as bluetooth when I tried.. so have moved to copper screening instead!!

22154.. +

:)

hzl

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service