3DRobotics temporarily stops shipments outside of US and Canada

Hi,

I have received the following email from 3DRobotics last night, my Iris quadocopter was already in France, at Fedex office for a delivery at home on monday. 3DRobotics say they cancel my order and will refund me, rhis mean they will ask Fedex to send back to product to the US, why such a decision for all customers ? Why cancelling a shipement when the parcel is nearly at your home ?

Here is the email I have received from 3DR

************************************************************************************************

Thanks for your order with 3DR. We're writing to let you know that, due to a temporary change in our shipping policies, we're unable to ship orders outside of the US and Canada. We'll be cancelling and refunding your order immediately. We're very sorry for the inconvenience, and we'll let you know when we can resume shipments to your country.

If you have any questions or would like to make modifications to your order, write to us at help@3drobotics.com or call our support line at +1 (858) 225-1414, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm PST.

Sincerely,

The 3DR Team

Views: 50005

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well, knowing the US spying in Europe, and what Snowden have learned us, is that it's not impossible that they are threatened to silence, the same way as when doing things in US that breaks your constitution.

Eventually we'll get some explanation, and then, just like Microsoft & Apple, you will know that IF you choose a US made product, it'll have some backdoor or bad features that can be abused by others too.

Adafruit has 15 IRIS(s) in stock no change to ordering procedures yet...

wonder if this is ITAR/BXA/etc  or patent issues?

hzl

Well I'm glad I received my pixhawk order last week after a very fast delivery (unusual I must say) from 3DR. Am I the last one who has received his shipment ?

Thx to opensource firmware and hardware any producer/maker outside of the US can still try to profit from what freedom they have left until EU bans come into action too.

By the way, Apart from VRbrain what other "non-US" APM compatible hardware exist ?

Let's keep some humour , even in this dark hour, hoping we do not get a future history like this :

Great humor.

Unfortunatly, it's clear that it's stupid to depend on US industry, be it for products, or products with backdoors(security risks implemented for spying).

I hope somebody in a free country will continue to make Pixhawk.

Sorry to say the US is now an Oligarchy. Special interests, including gubbament, corporate, individual and foreign dominate every aspect of regulation.

Since we have some levity, how's this?

Attachments:

Forgot the name, but it's that board Nick Arsov is building in Bulgaria.

I personally don't like it because it has too few DF-13s. (-:

Frankly, before Gary came up with the sparkfun link, I was thinking of someone hacking into 3DR servers and trying to have fun with the customers.

This situation is weird in different aspects...

Aren't the APMs and Pixhawks built in Mexico ?

- Then how could the export to Mexico be banned for instance ?

- Then how would US prohibit Mexico to sell & export to the whole world ?

NAFTA = North American Free Trade Agreement see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Free_Trade_Agreement Is why Mexico products can be shipped to US/Canada, and maybe why they cannot be shipped worldwide. I have no further insight to the current issues (I reside in Canada) So i don't have anything further to add.

So Bill,if you order them to Canada would you be teoreticly able to send them worldwide or you are part of that rule too??

well said,its all about $$

FedEx in Croatia(EU) is same...I guess they are same counts all around world....writing emails to US central does not help

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service