Hi,

I have received the following email from 3DRobotics last night, my Iris quadocopter was already in France, at Fedex office for a delivery at home on monday. 3DRobotics say they cancel my order and will refund me, rhis mean they will ask Fedex to send back to product to the US, why such a decision for all customers ? Why cancelling a shipement when the parcel is nearly at your home ?

Here is the email I have received from 3DR

************************************************************************************************

Thanks for your order with 3DR. We're writing to let you know that, due to a temporary change in our shipping policies, we're unable to ship orders outside of the US and Canada. We'll be cancelling and refunding your order immediately. We're very sorry for the inconvenience, and we'll let you know when we can resume shipments to your country.

If you have any questions or would like to make modifications to your order, write to us at help@3drobotics.com or call our support line at +1 (858) 225-1414, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm PST.

Sincerely,

The 3DR Team

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Stay abreast of it all hireuavpro.com. We are making standards to ensure that only pros get listed, and are already getting pinged by large companies looking to hire.

List for free at http://www.hireuavpro.com/

• Yeah, Chile isn't on the list!!

• 3D Robotics

Hi David,

Yes, unfortunately, at this specific moment, Chile is not on the list of countries we are allowed to ship to.  We are continuing to work with the regulatory bodies to open commerce back up to all other countries as soon as we can.  Our work has not stopped yet. 

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you.  We truly appreciate your continued support, we're working as hard as we can to get our products to you and to the rest of the world!

• What's the word on opening to the rest of the world these days???

It seems that some more items are slowly being pernitted. But I will need autopilots soon!

• 3D Robotics

Just an update that we have resumed exports today. Thanks for your patience as we dealt with the regulatory issues, which were painful for all involved, I know.  The silver lining is that we won't have to do it again!

• Nice. Waiting was easy. How was dealing with the government?
    • Great! Glad not to have to resort to oriental copies of doubtful quality.  Also glad to see Iceland in the list. On-line retailers often give us a hard time by forgetting to include this great (but little) nation in their list of shipping options. 

• Glad you got in. Sigh here I am stuck in Chile!

• Except that there are only 44 countries on the list AND MINE ISN'T ON THERE!!!! 

Chile isn't a threatening country. What the ..... Does that mean I will never be able to buy more Pixhawks??????

Can any of you understand what that means? I put everything on this bloody system!

Just can't WAIT to tell my partner about this!

• Not trying to start anything...and this is a serious question:  what prevents an "authorized" country from having a dealer/reseller, from legally buying from 3DR...and then in turn, selling to someone in a non-approved country?  I would assume that these restrictions are on US companies...but does 3DR have to require that any reseller they sell to must agree NOT to resell to a non-approved country's resident?

Just curious.

This reply was deleted.

Activity