Here is my story with ordering original Pixhawk from https://store.3drobotics.com/

April 2015 - I try to place my first order ... everything looks good, order accepted, I see they charges my card ... and after 1 week - nothing! They did not ship, did not send any confirmation letter, no any invoices, nothing! Ok, I try to ask support team .... get response "Thank you for contacting 3D Robotics Help Desk. We are experiencing a high volume of tickets at this time. A customer representative will get back to you in within 1-3 business days.We apologize for the inconvenience."

After 3-4 days they answered - my payment was not accepted due to some errors at payment service and they did refund. Yeah, they actually returned money in a couple days. They suggested to make new order after a week. So, I wasted 4 weeks here.

May 2015 - I did same order after a week - with same results. I wasted 2 more weeks to get answer from support and refund. They still can't accept credit cards.

June 2015 - I placed one more order with paypal. Waited about a week, so they can process my order. Nothing! No any confirmation, no any invoice, no any shipping! Just nothing! Hey, I paid for order and get nothing. Ok, I start to wring again ... support team, and again "Thank you for contacting 3D Robotics Help Desk. We are experiencing a high volume of tickets at this time. A customer representative will get back to you in within 1-3 business days.We apologize for the inconvenience." I HATE this message! I get on every my email to support team.

Ok, after 3 days I finally get response from support. And now, they don't have in stock one of the item in my basket! Why, why they allow to add it into basket if the don't have it in stock? And why they do not inform me after order or after they accept payment??? Here I spend another 2 weeks - just to get response. I asked to remove missing item from order and make refund for only this one item - still after 5 days did not get any reaction.

So, now I'm trying to make refund via paypal as support team useless, and can't do anything. They can't sell anything. So, I wasted about 2 moths to make order for original Pixhawk from 3DR. It looks like I have to buy some clone, it's impossible to buy original directly from 3DR now.

3drobotics - sucks!!!

Views: 1365

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Update - Received an email as promised with tracking information this evening, and the f/c arrives tomorrow.

Monica and all @ 3DR:  Thank you for the upgraded shipping! Very much appreciated (and unexpected)!  Really looking forward to trying out the Pixhawk.

Here is my experience with 3DR, hot off the press. I purchased my X8 in December of 2015 because of the great deal I noticed on the 3DR website. Didn't realize they were abandoning the Iris/X8/innovator platforms - they didn't bother to tell anyone. To go to a high-priced, subscription service, mapping solution with their third party software company of the week. I hoped 3DR would be a partner to really innovate and professionalize my UAS mapping platform and skills.

The x8 always had issues when it went from one waypoint to the next in auto. It sometimes would drop and flop and nearly crash. I got some great advice from this site and eventually tried resetting everything. I went round and round with this and support and eventually got on teamviewer with them, as they no longer take phone calls. A phone call solved an earlier problem with my Iris that many texts and emails would not resolve. The support person was unable to fix the problem and eventually determined that it was probably pixhawk or a wire. Basically one month past the 3 month warranty. The erratic flight issues started immediately after purchase and precipitated the ultimate breakdown.

3DRs solution now is to ship on my own nickel to their third party repair center - on the west coast, for $50 an hour evalutation and repair. If the pixhawk is the culprit - $200 + $100 shipping +???$ for repair - almost certainly a total loss. On an X8+ purchased last December that never flew correctly and was barely used because of winter and erratic flight.

I patiently begged the sales rep with customer relationships and loyalty- to no avail..... if it's past 90 days they won't provide any relief whatsoever. But we offer a one year on the Solo. Best of luck with this business model. Please advise if anyone can provide a better platform and company to work with for mapping uas - one that can look past the next 5 minutes.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service