40+ Mile range!!! Arduino Mega Piggy-back all-in-one solution (sensors, control, telemetry, video)

I MIGRATED THIS DISCUSSION FROM WIRELESS - THIS EXPLAINS THE FOCUS OF THE FIRST PAGE

THIS IS the BEST (imo) Telemetry module out there currently !!!

http://www.rfm.com/products/dnt900.shtml

This is a radio module that's small, fast, inexpensive, powerful, US legal 900mhz (and others). It has adjustable power output, spread spectrum frequency hopping, encryption, and TONNNNSS of other features. Also, at only $70 a pop (from digikey.com), they are Very easy on the wallet! especially compared to the digi xtend radio that is near $200 per. ouch!

I have three of RFM's DNT900 radios, and am working on Arduino programming to set-up and control them. I am working with the friendly tech at RFM who supports their products, and we are discussing a few more details about the needs of the radio. I intend to post more as I get farther along, and create a code block that people can copy-paste into their program to utilize this fantastic radio.

It has been a month, and I have just recently set up the architecture and got communication between two radios. I have them set to 200kb/s RF over air, allowing for up to 1watt of transmission power.

Still to go - i need to set up radio access lists, add 128 bit encryption, and adjust baud rate.

oh, and clean up the code! messy

Views: 11409

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

After many months of doing nothing, I got a bug and started working on this again

Prototype is at the board shop - parts are ordered!!

CHECK IT OUT!!!!  :-D

http://www.diydrones.com/forum/topics/new-long-range-telemetry-shie...

^^ ^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Hi

A few days back I tested my quad with Joystick (A Saitek joystick), using APM Planner and Standard 900MHz telemetry link. I was not sure of the quad performance so I ask my friend to hold the quad in hand and used the joystick.

Joystick actually disabled the stick input from RC. I Armed using the Joystick, felt the throttle response and controls. Everything was working fine except the responses were delayed. So I did not fly the machine. I am using 57600 telemetry link.

Do you think a Joystick can fully replace an RC Link

100% yes. The game controllers have hundreds of thousands of dollars and hours behind their development, and they are fast!! The arduino is fast too!  The only bottle neck could be telemetry, but in previous tests I have found a method to minimize "lag" in the controls to a point they are not noticable. The only lag is the time it takes the servo to move! which is completely normal!

PLEASE VISIT MY NEW PAGE!

http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/new-long-range-telemetry-shield-f...

I JUST POSTED A YOUTUBE I DID TO DEMO THIS 

just for you! :-) 

((sorry for all the exclamation points!!!!   two midterms on wednesday, and too much coffee for me!))

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service