I’m using a BP brushless motor and BP ESC with a 3S Lipo battery, and I use a microprocessor to generate a PWM signal (1ms – 2ms rate) for the ESC(with a BEC). The PWM generates 100% duty for the ESC, but the motor sometimes spins, and sometimese doesn’t spin at all. The motor spins 7 out of 10 times. I have tried to switch the motor cables (3 wires) to connect to the different ESC outputs, I couldn’t get the problem resolved.
1. Does anyone have these kinds of experience, or any suggestions?
2. If you have successfully used a PWM from a microprocessor to control a brushless motor through an ESC, could you tell which brand motor and ESC are? I have another ESC (Volcano 30A), but this ESC can’t make BP motor spin at all.

Best,

Views: 4437

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

most ESCs can't run the motor in two directions. if you send 1ms pulses the motor does stop, if you send 2ms pulses the motor will run at 100% speed.

I have programmed motor controllers using PWM, so if you need help, just ask me.

BUT: there is a motor controller that can be controlled using I2C instead of PWM, it even can spin the motor in two directions of programmed correctly. I use those controllers in my quadrocopter. Here it is: http://www.mikrokopter.com/ucwiki/en/BL-Ctrl_Manual , fully preassembled units can be bought for about $60.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service