AcroStable mode - is this possible?

Ok, maybe I'm just too lame... maybe I'm just dreaming but I have something in mind, please help me solve my doubt.

The background: I am totally hopless in ACRO mode. I have never flown anything before my GAUI 330x 4 months ago. Everytime (almost) the flight ended in a crash. Then I bought the AC electronics, and after trying the stable mode I just never crashed again, well I did when I ran into a tree and when I ran out of batteries...
p.s. thanks guys also from my wife :) :)

So the stable mode is the feature I want.

But then, getting some flying practice I want to push more the copter (I am a dirt bike addict so I never get enough on pushing) so the ACRO is the way to go.

I perfectly understand the difference between the two, but what if we could combine them?

What I mean is:

- I move the stcks (roll, pitch) the quad behaves like ACRO mode (flipping is possible)

- I am in a trouble and I leave the sticks (center them) STABLE mode engages and helps me stabilize the copter.

Would this be possible? Would it make sense?

Before trying to change the code I would like some feedback from somebody with experience in programming and flying.

Thanks!

Emile

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• In acro mode, the angular rate is proportional to the r/c joystick input. In stable, the attitude is proportional to the r/c joystick input, so they aren't compatible. You could code it such that "small" stick inputs are in stable, and large ones switch to acro, but this would cause problems when switching from say a left roll to a right roll, passing through zero. A more workable way is to automatically switch modes based on stick behavior. As long as stick inputs are slow and small, it stays in stable. As soon as a large or rapid input is made, it switches to acro and stays there until sticks are small and slow for some period of time (2-3 seconds?). I think its possible, but it may be tricky to determine the switchover points..

- Roy

This reply was deleted.

Activity