Hi All,

I'm going to adapt ArduRover with APM 2.5 to an electric boat for echosounder survey.

The boat is a surge crusher xxl with one brushless motor, an ESC, a separate BEC and a steering servo.

telemetry will be done by Xbee PRO

I hope that the control of the Ardurover could be easily adapted to a boat as the control method is basically the same. Probably the PID setup will be different.

What I need to know is how to connect the ecosounder to a spare UART port of the APM2.5 and how to add the depth data to the telemetry system. I have the code to parse the NMEA0183 string coming from the echo but I'm not expert in mavlink protocol. Could be ok if the depth data comes instead of some not used data like altitude or air speed.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Flavio from Italy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi there

my boat is going to (also) transmit all gathered data to watch in a game-engine (like blender) and all the 3d stuff in (quasi) realtime

GPS data is provided (> 5HZ) by the GPSD on the linux-board via TCP. (GPSD can provide std. NMEA sentences including e.g. resp. of a depth-sensor.)

peter
  • Yes.. I am doing kind of the same thing... My boat is much larger and has its own computer for data collection...

I am using an ADCP (Acoustic Doppler Current Profiler) to collect the depth and current flow data.....

If I were you... I would get another radio modem and transmit the data back and log it on the computer...need another gps too..... I think there is an easy way to combine serial data like that..

Eddie

2012-10-16 15.54.43.jpg

This reply was deleted.

Activity