I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

Views: 291176

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well considering what you said, maybe it's not a great idea but at least as an option we can have it both ways. I do keep a full screen on 1 but usually fly on screen 2 that has much less info.

Sure Steve.

I do the same sometimes. :)

Gábor

Thanks Gabor.

Could I possibly where I might find a copy of the source code so I can make the change?

Cheers.

Sure,

It is here: Link

Gábor

I was thinking of adding a Batt_B monitoring through a free ADC of minimosd. It is partialy done in code of minoposd (signle batt setup) and with some adaptation it could be added to minimosd_extra code.

I'd like to monitor the video battery, since only APM battery is retrieve trought MAVlink and i'm using dual battery setup.

In order to do that, i've to make some voltage divider to the adc pin, which will make a ground connection between minimosd at328 side and minimosd/maxim video side. Since there is a trouble in case of single battery connection (got 2 board fried, my fault, hadn't read the doc, soldering the pads, etc...), i was wondering if i'll have to do the same mod or not.

I'know the mod is for MAX ic AVCC and DVCC voltage separation, but i'd like to avoid frying to much board ^_^

Battery B is coming. Andrew have talked about it.

On MinimOSD frying: I still use my first one that is a v1.

Even that it is in a shrink tube!

I have always powered it from APM. (bough sides)

It is true that i had to make a filter to avoid horizontal lines on video, but i did not want two separated batteryes on my plane, as it is one more thing to go wrong, and watch for. I like simple systems.

But this interference does not comes from APM!

This was picked up trough the power line that my video transmitter is connected. So i have my filter there.

Not between APM and MinimOSD!

There are situations where you power the OSDs bough sides from APM, but you still have a separated battery that runs your video system. In this case, simply remove the middle wire from video in and out connectors. Only (-) and signal you need.

Hope it helps,

Gábor

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the feedback.

An UBEC is most likely what I'm going use to power the APM.

ESCs 5V pins will be all disconnected.

Can't wait to finish fixing my quad and fly it again ... :)

Regards,

Miguel

That's a nice use for the ESCs BECs: Lighting :)

Miguel

I had that same problem: few hours of sleep.

Then my son born. I get so tired that a just fall asleep :D

Regards,

Miguel

I have #2 on the way due in October :)  Looking forward/dreading going through that whole sleepless night routine :D

Great! Two more minimOSD fans to the community! :D

Best wishes to you with plenty of calm nights.

October? They'll be great kids ( Oct, 3rd is my day ;) )

Sorry for the OT guys.

Miguel

I have a DIYdrone miniOSD v1   the firm worked ok    all was quite ok  I decided to flash with latest  now I get the screens configured to my liking but  data does not appear I use Fatshark with APM2.5   radio link #DR radio is ok  all data updating on my pC but not on the OSD  why !!??? any clues what I did wrong

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service