I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

Views: 291173

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Miguel,

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, I have just tried all of them. There were differences in the SR3 values, which i have set accordingly but no joy. I also removed all of the ferrite rings involved in the wiring of the radio modem and osd, still no joy. The wiring is the usual osd connects with gnd (the one closer to the edge of the board), positive and rx to the radio modem, camera is connected to the in port and the video transmitter is connected to the out pin, also I removed the small heat sink i put on the osd. Still no changes. Any more ideas?

Hi Jozsef,

Some thoughts trying to help:

If OSD data appears on video, although with no data changing, then I think it would be a communication issue between APM and minimOSD.

If you have data updating in Mission Planner while connected via 3DR radio, then APM is sending data well via telemetry link.

"The wiring is the usual osd connects with gnd" - could you check if the ground you're refering is the "BLK" pin and not the "GRN" pin, which is in the oposite edge?(see here)

Is minimOSD rx pin connected with radio rx pin and APM tx pin?

Let us see an image of the wiring.

Regards,

Miguel

Miguel  r609 test video.  No waypoint was set for this flight.  Configured to show used mAh, Min Battery Voltage (V) = 10.8.  OSD Toggle Channel = Mode Switch.  Thanks.

Hi Noel,

Man, you're a fast tester! Thanks! :)

Seems that panels are working fine with mode switch.

Warnings auto panel switch is also ok.

Estimated remaining flight time is way too far from reality. I wonder if battery capacity / voltage and current sensor reading are well set in APM. Flight time only takes APM battery % variation between takeoff % and current battery %. It seems is acting like APM is reporting more than 100% at the begining of flight.

At the end of flight low battery warning is shown despite the voltage is higher than 10.8V. This happens because APM is reporting a battery remaining % lower than the one set in CT Tool.

IMO this is something we should improve since mAh was added to be APM reading agnostic so you can switch between different battery capacities.

A possible imlementation is to consider the battery warning trigger as thousands of mAh when "show used mAh" is choosen in CT Tool. Like this: We set to show mAh, then we set (20) 00mAh (it has to be a number between 0 and 255) which would mean to trigger the warning when used mAh reach 2000mAh.

What do you think about this?

Regards,

Miguel

Hi Miguel,

Thanks again for the input! GND was connected to the BLK pin. Its a strange issue for sure, the communication is working on some level, because the osd starts when its receiving the hearthbeats, and also shows when there is no HB, even the HB indicator works. But thats the only data which shows up. Ithought the osd is a fairly simple device, only fetching data from the mavlink and showing over the videosignal.

Attachments:

Nice FPV flying with Friends on June 2:

MinimOSD r509.

Hi! :)

Could someone please test the latest Plane hex for me? :)

Just uploaded: Link

I was only able to test it by tlogs.

I think wind panel is fixed now.

Important!

This version is made for Arduplane 2.73!

THX! 

Hi Pavel!

Nice! It was a bit scary, but nice. ;´)

Thank you for the video! :)

I have found a bug.

I have made a new version.

Gábor

What was the bug? It is major? I'm already loaded it and heading to the launch site.
I still can't get the panels to switch. I'm using channel 7, confirmed it in MP. Ch7 is using a pot. Rotation switching is off.

Hi Iskess,

It is related to summary.

It will not show. "That is all...."

Gábor

Please share the video after! :)

Cant switch?

Did you try to set max EPA ?

Gábor

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service