I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

Views: 293167

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Nathaniel,

You are not the average American for sure. ;)

Thank you very much for your offer, but at the moment, we are not planning to remove imperial mode. We will support it still. ;)

It is true that it is using up a lot of space, dough...

Miguel had another idea to be able to keep all we have, and be able to add more. but that is just a concept at the moment.

I was also thinking to make another osd hardware, but for that i don't have the time, and the equipment at the moment. Not even at home for weeks now.

Gábor

Wow,

2 of  you within a few minutes? :D

We are might be on the wrong path..... :D

Ok!

Vote for it or against!

Will see what happens. ;)

Thx!

I tried today r676 and not found HDOP.I have read the previous posts and realized why,so it is clear.

video

Nice!

Thank you very much! :)

I thought that i have found a bug! :D

Summary should wait 7s before coming up, but than i realised that  you have cutted it there... :D

On hdop; If your GPS icon is not blinking than you are good to go. ;)

But if you would like to see the exact value, than upload r667.

Gábor

Sure Steve.

If i would make this OSD only for myself, that would be the first thing i would remove. :D

Gábor

Hey Gabor,

Why not fork the development at this point and proceed with development on an SI only basis. Anyone that can't live without Imperial measurement would still have the current firmware to use and you couldn't proceed with both under the current hardware anyway. SO if it means either development stops, or we continue on with only the SI system then I think it's a no brainer! Besides if we make significant improvements that would benefit from enhanced hardware and the demand for a Imperial/SI system gets loud enough the hardware is sure to follow!

Regards and thanks for all the hard work,

Nathaniel ~KD2DEY

I'm American and prefer SI also.

I vote for new board with capability of separate video battery monitoring, bigger processor, and support for 2 cameras being able to switch between them!

I guess I'll throw my feature request into the mix here :)

Would it be possible to show RSSI based on the PWM of any arbitrary servo channel? This would allow those of us who use EzUHF and other receivers that do not have an analog RSSI out. In this case, the RSSI PWM signal would be plugged in to an extra input on the APM directly. There was once a gentleman on the FPVLAB forums who made a hardware PWM to analog converter, but he doesn't sell them anymore.

From what I can tell of the source code (I am not a programmer), you already parse MAVLINK RC_CHANNELS_RAW so I'm hopeful such a feature would be possible without increasing the code size much. The config tool could provide an RSSI option that would allow user configurable min/max pulse sizes for 0-100%.

And as my first post in this thread, I must say a big thank you Gábor and others for your amazing improvements to the OSD!

-Tom

I too would love to get RSSI/LQ (LQ over RSSI if one must choose) out of my EzUHF.  If maybe I'm doing this wrong let me know, but as far as I know there is no method of getting this via MinimOSD + APM2.6 + EzUHF, right?

Josh,

No direct method right now. Currently, to get EzUHF RSSI/LQ to any OSD other than the ImmersionRC one, requires a converter such as this: http://www.mictronics.de/projects/ppm-to-analog-converter/. This guy used to sell them but I guess he stopped some time ago. He provides the Atmel firmware and a schematic for those that want to reproduce it.

My hope is that APM/MinimOSD may be able to shortcut the conversion by reading the RSSI/LQ PWM signal (or any tx channel for that matter) and display it as a percentage. You can configure the EzUHF RX to output RSSI1/RSSI2/LQ on any channel or in the PPM stream so the APM can read it. This what I currently do and I can analyze the tlogs after a flight to see if my LQ suffered at any point in the flight. I'm just hoping people much smarter than me on here can verify that MinimOSD does read the right MAVLINK messages and that this is an idea worth implementing.

That's right.Summary should wait 10s.But it does not have significant impact and we can wait :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2020   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service