I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

Views: 292431

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It seems to me that the software RSSI sensing part of the OSD is going on the dark side. It simply took one entire day from me with no results. It was a lot simpler with sensing on some analog pin (plenty of them) rather than channel side (a lot of channel with a lot of functions that I couldn't renounce to/at) 

So can I use the newest firmware with an old setup interface - I just want to use the no 5 analog sensor for RSSI. simpler, safer.... better????

I think yes.

I mean it is simpler. Like for PWM RSSI you need to calibrate the channel also in MP.

The thing i don't like in it, is that it uses up a channel, that i can't afford. 

It is good that my rx has analoge RSSI. :)

If i had PWM RSSI i would convert it to analoge. ;)

But this request was present since like always. :)

So Miguel and i decided to add this for U.

Gábor

Added it for me, because I love you both :P

Any thoughts on the charset-upload issue?  Is that error indicative of the charset being "too big" for the HobbyKing minimosd clone?

Exaclty, same problem here... Gabor, when you think to fix it? With a previous chars set it doesn't work...
I've MinimOSD V0.1 board.

I suspect this is an issue with the clone board vs the actual 3DR board, as I have successfully uploaded this to a 3DR board.  Just wonder if there is anything we can do to get it to upload to a clone board since I have 3 or 4 of those as well..

Hi,

The charset upload bug is related to copter fw and it is due to some new libraries.

I'll be fixing it in a couple of days.

Miguel

Ah.. very cool, thanks Miguel.

Hi,

Here is a new minimOSD copter pre-release r715

It should fix the charset upload bug reported in the latest replies.

Feedback will be much appreciated.

Miguel

Hello,

The chartset issue from 714 is gone (for me, it would display random characters in the middle of the OSD). Now with 715 everything looks OK - however the RSSI via channel option does not work.

Best,

Raph

Hey Miguel,

I successfully uploaded the new firmware as well as the current Charset, and I've verified that Chan8 is receiving my RSSI (read: LINK from EzUHF) values that I'm piping through Chan8.

Great work, very much appreciate this awesome enhancement!

Josh - i tried the same on 715 with Channel 6, but it did not work with ezuhf. I made a custom one before this feature was available (version 684), and I had to revert back to get RSSI. What settings exactly did you put for RSSI?

thanks!

Hey Raph.. in an earlier post, Miguel mentioned that even though you can select 6 or 7 at this time, it only reads from ch8, so you have to use 8.  I suspect in the near future we'll either see that channel selector working in the config tool, or the tool will be locked so that you can only choose Ch8 or mavlink rssi.  Also, for best results, make sure you're outputting LINK in the EzUFH Rx vs RSSI, as it is much more telling of link quality than raw RSSI.

Curious for you EzUHF users out there.. what PWM values are you choosing?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service