I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

Views: 291689

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Miguel and Gabor,

I know how much you like videos of seeing how things are working.. here is a flight I did recently with my Skywalker X8 where I overlay the OSD (even with panel switching) over the main video.  Hope you enjoy..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--kCSDq6HDQ

Hi Benjamin,

I'm not used to Arduplane software. I only have an APM on a quad.

I should buy an APM/Pixhawk and GPS and put them on one of my planes but the budget here is low :S

Maybe someone else here could help with that?

Miguel

Mark,

Ok I'll try to test with the beta Arducopter and then will report here.

Miguel

Josh,

You're welcome.

Post videossss! :P

Miguel

Hi Miguel,

I just ordered an APM to put inside a plane - everything should be here by end of week. Anything I can do to help just ask.

I'm not sure how feasible this would be for you, but you can always just load the plane software on your APM just for testing purposes.. see if mavlink data flows.

Best,

Raph

Hi Josh,

Videos! Thanks!!! :D

I'll be watching it in deep.

At first glance it's sure a crystal clear image! Great!

Miguel

Hi Raph,

Thanks for the tip.

I think it's just a pain to, everytime I want to test a plane version I would have to save my copter parameters, then upload arduplane fw, then test it, then re-upload arducopter fw, then reload my copter parameters ...

Are the RSSI pin, current pin, voltage monitor pin, etc equivalent between plane and copter? I wonder if arduplane fw could set one of that A pins as output pin and then, for example current monitor connected there would burn that A port ...

Miguel

well, or we could ask  3dr to talk to Eagle Tree company about adding support for mavlink in their OSD, because frankly there is no better price/quality combination on the market than eagle eyes gcs which offers diversity, video splitting and antenna tracking all for ~80usd... not mentioning the legendary quality of eagle tree stuff. 

Hi Miquel

I confused with rssi connection.

I have a TFR8SB with pwm signal. How to connected with minim osd?

It is possible to connect directly to ch 8 in ardupilot? 

The channels 5-8 in  minim osd referred to what? (analog in apm a0-a13) or digital apm ch5-ch8 ?

Thank you an advance

Hi Artem,

I have an Arduino Uno with Ardutracker fw, connected to my netbook (433 radio for telemetry) for antenna tracking and eagle eyes as video splitter / diversity ;)

So yes I also like eagletree products. The only thing I dislike is the fact it is "closed source".

I believe it's possible to make an open source hardware for all this with less than 80usd

Miguel

it is easy if you are doing RSSI dependent diversity (requires compatible receivers), but eagle tree uses signal sync based diversity (i believe) which makes it compatible with each and every vRx and this tech requires much more knowledge and most likely is proprietary.  but my biggest point is to make vRx station completely wireless to put it away from UHF.  one way to do so (as proposed by Robert Lefebvre) is to feed pwm control from ardutracker/polulu into a ppm encoder -> trainer port of an open TX transmitter and use a separate RX on the tracker itself. this is simple, but will take two channels out of your RC as well as it is definitely NOT once-setup-and-done solution that Eagle Eyes GCS presents. + all the bugs of the new hardware until it matures. 

Great, thanks again Miguel!

On another note, I cannot seem to access the OSD menu?

https://code.google.com/p/minimosd-extra/wiki/OSD_menu

It simply cycles through the screens, even if I do it within the first 30 seconds of it booting?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service