I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

Views: 292746

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the work on miminosd guys.. flew 2.5+km out to sea in the island of Basco, Batanes in the Philippines, notice the RSSI at 1085% =)  I realized it was reading the flight modes!   Decided to fly anyway =)

I'd like to be able to see the numeric GPS HDOP value.  The blinking satellite-dish symbol is good, but an HDOP value of 2.10 looks the same as say >5.00.  I can patch the code to show the value by changing a line in OSD_Panels.ino 'panGPSats()' from:

osd.printf("%c%2i", gps_str, osd_satellites_visible);
  to
    osd.printf("%c%2i|%.2f", gps_str, osd_satellites_visible, (float(eph)/100));
But it would be better if this were a configurable option or a new OSD item.  Any chance this could happen?

--ET

That was a great video of Seal Island. Thank you.

Pleasure, good to hear from you - you've been laying low or I've been on the wrong forums :)

That would be fantastic, especially for multi rotors.

Hi Pavel and Hein,

First thks for the great videos! They gives us motivation to improve minimOsd extra fw even more ;)

Regarding 2.4 video, here in Portugal it's impossible to have video in that frequency. I have Fatshark googles with a 2.4 built in receiver and the noise from 2.4 radios and wifi spots make it impossible to see anything :(

I'm using 5.8 in my quad (shorter range) and 1.2 in plane

Pavel, just curiosity: What's that buzzing sound in video? Also messenger notification sounds are a bit annoying for FPV purpose :D

Miguel

PS: Gábor, I used minimOsd extra in this post :D

Hi Miguel,

The buzzing sound is sound from my FPV Japan from BEVRC, which signals with vibration and sound that the video signal brake! Other sound is incoming SMS to my iPhone, did not switch it off during FPV! The FPV Japan from BEVRC has internal microphone if not audio is used from video receiver. So I can talk anything and it will be recorded with video.

I am not currently sure which band range should be better. Got advice from trappy about 2.4 to be able to fly low and still to use small antennas. I am currently using 5.8, which looks like is not stable as maybe I would wish, but at least usable in distance I usually fly. I use CP antennas. Did not try helical yet. I am not completely sure about 2.4 band pollution. But I know every new Wifi is in 5.8 also. That it is why I would like to probably try 2.4. I though if it still works ok for RC plane controls to 1 km distance, it could probably work for video. I use openLRS 433 mhz RC control, which with recent firmware and better antennas is doing nice work. That it is why I am considering to increase video distance and possibility to fly in low height. I am not completely sure if it is legal to use here in Czech Republic 1.2/1.3 bands. If it is not already used by cell phones. Will try to find out. But I ordered already few days ago 500 mW 2.4 ghz transmitter and receiver http://www.rc-fans88.com/goods.php?id=926 . Will report with the results.

Regards,

Pavel

Hi to all..congratulation to Developers...I have a question...I use openlrs and my intention it's build a ghettostattion only for tracking this is compatible with mavlink protocol

https://github.com/KipK/Ghettostation

http://www.wedontneednasa.com

It's possible to mod the code of minimosd to only send trought TX pin a gps data and baro altitude...or use other pin? Maybe 1200bps or 2400bps to connect to telemetry port of openlrs!!! The ghettostation suport onboard compass for point antenna and few types of protocol like lighttelemetry..or repack the gps mavlink to lightelemetry and send trought openlrs

I think the minim osd is Primarily for use in fpv flight and no need to pc or gcs to fly and no telemetry modem for fully data...and for tracker only need a gps data...but if I disable telemetry data refresh and only use gpsdata  in ardupilot the minim osd stop working

Congratulations again

Best regards

PS: Thanks for hard work on Minim OSD extra!

Hi,

We did show it before.

But decided to not to, as it is a lot of important vision area, and also HDOP is not that important (to know the exact value), really.

So we only warn you if it is too high, by making gps icon blink.

So what we have now, is a very compact multifuntion gps panel.

It does show fix types, like no fix, 2d fix, 3d fix, gps sat number, and high hdop. So it is a 3 in 1 panel.

What value is wrong for HDOP?

We drew a line at HDOP  2

Over that, it is bad. So you know. Only thing you don't know is, how bad it is. But i think that is not that important. Also it differes betvean GPS brands, and types. One moudul would read 1 and other 2 in the same situation, etc...

Also different modules have different precison.

On some modules you should be carefool even having a hdop 2! For others it is "ok" still.

So our GPS panels HDOP function now indicates if location data is not as precise as is supposed to be.

This is the theory behind.

But if you really want to know, you can make APM to log it.

Hi,

There is no space now.

I would use a nano, or a mini for this.

You can use minimosd code to read it from APM, leaving out all the displaying part, so you have space, for the code, you need to transmit the data you would like on its tx port in any ways.

It is no problem to connect another arduino board to APMs TX port paralell with MinimOSD.

(Not ture for APM RX!)

Or! I think it is better to make Openlrs to read it directly from apm!

You can have a 2 way telemetry i think.

What you mentioned is one way only.

Gábor

Well, what you're saying about HDOP values varying between brands, etc, is a good argument for showing the numeric value on the OSD. :]

I've been having issues with my GPS where it sometimes gets wonky during a flight.  Seeing the numeric HDOP while flying lets me know how much I can trust the GPS.  I'm running patched code that shows the HDOP value on the line below the GPS symbol and satellite count; seems like this would be a good option (if it's not too hard to implement).

--ET

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service