I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

Views: 291732

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for your reply!

Do you know who/where to ask about the second battery monitor feature in the APM? It cannot be that hard to implement and I might start doing it myself, but I don't want to start anything that someone else has already done.

When you say "we don't have space", do you mean that there is no space left on the chip?

I know this will take long to implement perfectly as you have to make changes to the APM firmware, the Mission Planner, the Minim OSD firmware and the config tool.

Hi Jonas,

Sure. Ask Andrew Tridgell for it! ;)

He is the key for that feature i think.

He already helped me on many things. Like reverse elevator, in FBW, integrator in stab mode, version number, etc. 

Also he was the one we asked to make radio RSSI standard on APM. :)

Not that long. At the moment APM supports it, i can do it within an hour in FW. (Yes. Chip is full. We will have to remove something in favor of this. )

In the old CT it would be the same, but as Miguel have changed it pretty hard, i am afraid we would have to rely on him. So i don't want to speak on his behalf. :)

Gábor

By no means am I an expert but rather just letting you know that my APM 2.5 running plane 2.76 gives me Data for my MinimOSD. I've never taken my OSD off the plane and it has worked the same for me since 2.73, and also it works the same as my MinimOSD on copter 3.1 APM 2.5. (Slightly different data but works the same)

Hi,

Noooo. :)

Our last FW was made for 2.76. Should work.

Gábor

So I am having a problem getting my minimosd working with my APM 2.6 / version 3.1.  I can get the minimum osd working with the config tool if I send it a tlog file, so I know the minimosd is OK.  However when I hook it up to the APM I just get the splash screen 'MinimOSD Extra 2.2 Copte(cut off)'.  

I am currently just powering the APM from the output side with one ESC as I am waiting for my power module in the mail.  There is no JP1.  It just seems like the APM is not sending any data.  I've verified my connections with a multimeter from the APM to the OSD, and I have put in the parameters as per the wiki (Both SR3 and SR0 parameters).  I'm just not sure how to test if the APM is sending data or not.  

Any ideas how I can fix this issue?

Did it work before AC3.1?

I have the same issue, with the latest AC3.1 minimOSD is showing only the splash screen.

Before, with rc7, it was working OK. I believe something was changed on SRx, not sure this would be the issue.

Where did you find the "parameters as per the wiki (Both SR3 and SR0 parameters)", could you please send the link?

No, I haven't tried it with any other version, but I can try that.  I'm just in the beginning stages of bench testing (awaiting the quad in the mail, too).

Here's the parameters from the wiki: https://code.google.com/p/minimosd-extra/wiki/APM

Hi xoltri,

MinimOSD Extra 2.2 Copter had some issues. Could you please try:

1 - Using CT Tool for MinimOSD Extra 2.3.2.0 Pre Release r713

2 - Upload to minimOSD MinimOSD-Extra_Copter_Pre-release_2.4_r719

3 - Upload charset using the file MinimOSD_2.3.2.0.mcm (inside the CT Tool folder).

The fw is the latest pre-release but don't worry. It is much more stable than 2.2

Post here your APM parameters: SR0_(...), SR3_(...) and SERIAL3_BAUD.

Miguel

Thanks so much for the detailed reply.  I will try this tomorrow and reply back.

Hi Gábor or anyone else contributing to this awesome project.  

I have checked out the minimOSD Extras project link and have started reading this discussion but haven't gotten thru the 250+ pages yet so forgive me if this question in redundant.  Has this team/project looked at sending data (telemetry) embedded within the video (using VBI or some other means) to the ground for use at the groundstation?  If there has already been a decision to place that outside of the scope of this project please let me know the reason why (like not enough memory on the minimosd or something).  If it has not been consider as part of the scope I would still like to know as I see that this team/project is poised to bring a well needed feature/capability to the APM world. 

My name is Chad and I would like to get involve making telemetry over video (for an APM based setup) a reality as I cannot find a suitable, readily available solution out there.

Hi Chad,

No. Not yet.

I was thinking to make a teletext like one way telemetry trough video signal, but only theorytically yet.

Your help would be appreciated. :)

Gábor

Here are my parameters:

SERIAL3_BAUD 57
SIMPLE 0
SONAR_ENABLE 0
SONAR_GAIN 0.8
SONAR_TYPE 0
SR0_EXT_STAT 2
SR0_EXTRA1 5
SR0_EXTRA2 2
SR0_EXTRA3 3
SR0_PARAMS 50
SR0_POSITION 2
SR0_RAW_CTRL 0
SR0_RAW_SENS 2
SR0_RC_CHAN 5
SR3_EXT_STAT 2
SR3_EXTRA1 5
SR3_EXTRA2 2
SR3_EXTRA3 3
SR3_PARAMS 0
SR3_POSITION 2
SR3_RAW_CTRL 0
SR3_RAW_SENS 2
SR3_RC_CHAN

I've tried it following your steps but it still doesn't connect.  It says 'no mav data'.  I think it must be the APM though as again the minimosd works fine with the send tlog function.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service