I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

Views: 293365

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi! When can we expect the latest version of Copter firmware in the downloads section? It's been a long time ago since the last update. :)

hi,

i flew yesterday and last copter firmware is very fun!

i will remove artificial horizon no needs with copter

is rssi on ch8 operates correctly on last firmware copter?

could i have arrow up and down with climb rate i think it will help?

Thanks 

This morning i checked minimosd on telemetry 1 and bluetooth on telemetry 2 with pixhwak all is good no problem !

I have a pixhawk and a bluetooth board that I'll be putting in a quad. Could you please share what bluetooth unit you used and how you connected and set it up?

Hello I'm a novice at this but I am trying to do a few things some easier than others. Heres the list

1. Display Power consumption (As in the voltage times the current)

2. Display multiple temperature readings(I have some temperature probes that are based on one wire protocol and I wou dlike to display the temps being read from each of them)

3. display RPM of the Rotor (I have a hall effect sensor and a brushless motor so my plan is to use that to read revolutions)

I think that the Power shouldn't be too hard i need to make a new panel and a new character to label it but I am already reading the current and voltage from the power module. I am concerned about the other two. I know that the temperature function currently reads data from the barometer  to calculate temp at the APM but I need to change where it reads the data to be from those sensors(that will be attached to the telemetry inputs on the APM) and to duplicate the panels so that there are multiple readings(I don't think that would be too difficult). The last one Is the RPM and I that will be the trickiest because I will have to set up and entirely new input as well as panel and character. I am only trying to read a singe rotors rpm because it is a plane so i guess that helps. I'm guessing this is going to take work on the MinimOSD and the APM.

Any tips on how to create those new inputs? or ideas about the RPM? Has anyone else done this that I could get some inspiration from? Thanks

Specific question: Since I am creating new panels I am assuming I will need to position them and set the other settings manually rather than in the config tool? if so where in the code do I specify the position? thanks

Hi! When can we expect the latest version of Copter firmware in the downloads section? It's been a long, long time ago since the last update. :)

The download section is locked (as mentioned a few times in the thread) by Google as they are slowly deprecating their code repos.  You can always get the latest compiled versions in Gabor's original post, though.

Ok. Thank you for answering my question! :)

Where can I find r791 copter compiled version?

The link to the latest version in this thread only leads to r789. I need 791 because of the new flight modes added to the apm.

What new modes?  I was sure 789 had them all.  If it isn't posted above, you may have to wait for the OP to be updated, or you can pull the source code down and compile yourself, if you're able.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service