I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

Views: 291693

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Miguel!
Thanks Miguel, that makes sense, I have mode switch on channel 8 so I'll just move my mixes around and alter the mode input in mission planner. Thanks for your assistance!

Up til now I've been using the analogue output, but I'm clearing that port so I can use bleep instead

This is awesome Andrew! and exactly what I've been recently looking for. Do you have your code available in Git that I could get some help me to compile into a release of Minim OSD Extra? I apologize if I'm not using the correct terms. I'm not a programmer. Thanks!

I have a couple of boards that I know work but that i can't upload the current fw to. I can do everything else with them including updating the character set. When I try to upload the firmware I see it say uploading 1% then 0% then 20 seconds later it says:

upload failed, lost sync. Try using arduino to upload instead.

Any idea what the problem could be?

The latest beta of Plane allows for voltage monitoring of a second battery. Users have been asking for this for a long time! It shouldn't cost much space to get this added to the minim, right?

Tridge - "added support for monitoring voltage on a 2nd battery (BATTERY2
mavlink message)"

I just watched the EZosd flite test episode. For mutirotor they have a nice little feature that uses your current draw to estimate remainig flight time. How plausible would it be to cram this feature onto the minimOSD?

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for the info,

I did not understand the diagram in the link you sent me:

Could you please send me a picture of a real cable with this parts, or a pictures of the parts / capacitors / filters, so that I could know what to buy and solder?

Also, If I understood any of this, according to the diagram the Signal and Ground are soldered together through filters or whatever and go to the analog port in the apm?

Sorry for the noob question, I'm good with soldering hardware, but new with electronics...

Thanks in advance!

Ori

hi to all..

My rx pin in minim osd not work...I made mistake and connect 6v in the rx pin....now the osd unable to configure and not receive the mavlink data...it's possibel to change in the code and use another free pin for rx??? I test upload firmware trought isp pins and works...

Any help please!!!

Thanks to all

Hi Steve,

Could you try to hit the reset button on minimOSD right after you start the fw upload?

It seems like minimOSD is not receiving the reset to enter program mode.

Another possible issue is that some minimOSD clones don't come with Arduino bootloader installed.

If this is the case you need an ISP programmer to upload either minimOSD fw or the Arduino bootloader.

Miguel

Hi Iskess,

I'll look for that battery 2 message.

Thanks for pointing that change! ;)

Miguel

Hi Benjamin,

We already have something like that in minimOSD :)

It's in the efficiency panel. In copter fw it takes the reported remaining battery % from APM and the elapsed flight time to estimate the remaining flight time.

Just grant that APM battery capacity setting is set correctly

Could you give it a try? And post a video ;)

PS: For now just use it as alternative info as it isn't much tested yet (although I recall a video reply here showing that this panel was reliable).

Miguel

Hi Ori,

I may take pictures of my build today when I get home.

However you'll just see a servo cable with some heat shrink tube.

Here you have good pictures of this cable (although with different values of resistor and capacitor). Note that black wire is used as ground and red wire is used as signal (not connected to 5V!).

Miguel

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service