advices for a beginners blimp

Hi,I would like to try and build a UAV blimp. I probably have some of the required skills: techincal (pic, c++ and python programming), practical (some soldering), and theoretical (a physics major), but I have no experience in r/c airplanes or airships.My idea would be to start with something easy, maybe just a diy R/C blimp, and expand it later step by step. What would be a good model to start? Something easy enough to build that can be expanded later, maybe with an ardupilot board an a wealth of sensors.I have a lot of question, like:How fast is a blimp? how much can it lift? can it lift a small wireless camera?how long do the battery last?In a house It's pointless to use a GPS to navigate, can you navigate with accelerometers? Has anyone tried? Can you recharge the battery in mid air?But the most important question is, of course: is there guide/FAQ/HOWTO where I can find some information to start?Cheers,Emme

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3D Robotics
    Well, you've come to the right place. Start with our Blimpduino. Spend a little time reading the posts and otherwise exploring the resources here (including the blimp forums) and most of your questions will probably be answered.
This reply was deleted.

Activity