Aerial mapping with Arducopter

Hi, a friend and I created an Open Source tool for georeferencing photographs taken from UAVs.  It's called Palentier and is freely available at http://www.palentier.com

We have been revamping the software and updating it to handle more platforms.  I was wondering if someone would send me a sample of the onboard telemetry that's collected during Arducopter flight and few photographs that correspond with that telemetry. This would allow us to make sure that Palentier can support Arducopter data.  The photographs that work best are those that have been taken straight down (nadir).

Happy New Year,

Mark
willis (DOT) arch (AT) gmail (DOT) com

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3D Robotics

Mark, this is a good project and we should support it. Right now there is no connection between camera and APM telemetery, so photos do not have data embedded. The current APM com protocol is here, but we'll be switching to MAVlink soon. 

Here's the relevant position and attitude data from the current binary protocol.

Message ID Request type/Rate Name (Typical rate) Payload length (# of bytes) Payload Details

0x02 Constant/10Hz Attitude Data (10hz) 6 roll(int16) (degrees*100), pitch(int16) (degrees x 100), yaw(uint16) (degrees x 100)
    0x03 Location Data (GPS) (1-4hz) 18 Lat(int32) (decimal degrees x 10^7), Lon(int32), Alt_MSL(int32) (meters x 100), ground_speed(uint16) (M/S x 100), ground_course(uint16) (degrees x 100), Time of Week (uint32) (milliseconds)
This reply was deleted.

Activity