After Calibration Motors keep beeping!

Hi!

Sorry... this is getting strange, I know.

But after I just calibrated my TX with the APM 2.5 the motors started spinning at low RPM.

I disconnected the the power source (5 V BEC) and than the battery.

Now when I connect the battery, this is happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W1zVOVJNHM

Thanks for your help!

Joerg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This apparently happens when ESC's don't think the throttle is "off".   I had one motor beeping on my hexacopter; it turns out that the ESC's are not "calibrated" the same (and vary by temperature; only crystal controlled ESC's don't), and as pointed out in the manual calibration steps, I had to give my throttle control about 6 "down clicks" of trim.   This lowered the throttle value enough so that the ESC's finally thought that the throttle was "off".   

I was able to manually calibrate the ESC, and auto-calibrate of all 6 worked fine after that.

->Bill

• Joerg,

I had a similar problem and I second what Richard said. You may want to follow the instructions for calibrating the ESCs one at a time. That was the only thing that worked for me.

Jason

• T3
    Try calibrating your ESCs. Your motors should never spin unless you are running a motor test from the CLI, which spins 1 motor at a time slowly or only after arming and then they should all spin with the throttle input.
This reply was deleted.

Activity