Replies

• http://youtu.be/rkwScIGJq6U?list=UU9_9PKOSATjUg3tURwPHFmQ

I'm having great luck with my DYS smart3.

• Hi Guys,

I have a Alexmos gimbal on a SteadiDrone QU4D and the board went faulty within about 10 flights. 

Has anyone else had this problem?

Are the AlexMos boards very reliable? Or have others had problems as well?

• This would be very useful for me too. It's hard to get the 3rd axis gimbal to point straight ahead, so if the apm could tell the gimbal what straight ahead actually was, that would be perfect!
  • that function should be very useful to use the gimbal for FPV, then "locking" the gimbal in a fixed position ( no stabilization at all), it may seam useless but it is not , you can use your camera for FPV  by eliminating the stabilization effect , but at the same time gaining smoothness and RC position control ,

anybody tried this , by using FC inputs?.

• don't do it, alexmos can mess with your flight controller,you do not know interference

• @Euan

Are you trying to lock onto a target or simply have the APM manage the stablisation of the gimbal ?

If its just the later, and your gimbal has a controller why introduce the APM at all. ? Let the gimbal controller sense levelness and let it manage the servos etc.

• I just simply want to lock on a target, i know the gimbal is only capable of maintaining fixed angle. the apm need not to stabilize the gimbal but just to point in the right direction using servo leads attached to the gimbal controller. 

is this possible?

• hello

have anyone tried target locking with a brushless gimbal, is that possible?

• MR60

Hi Euan, 

I have tried a alexmos gimbal 2 axis with its own IMU and an external pitch control from APM. It works perfectly without adding other APM IMU data, so I agree with others you would not need it ( or maybe on a 3 axis for Z to have a Yaw follow mode)

• I don't have the 3 axis, only 2. I could certainly see how the yaw input would be very helpful with the 3 axis. I suppose the compass yaw control is necessary to avoid accumulation of error in the IMU measurements since there isn't gravity in the X-Y for accelerometers to measure, unlike the Z.

This reply was deleted.

Activity