Hi all,

I just bought an FrSky Taranis for my quad copter and needed to get the Mavlink data up on the Taranis LCD telemetry display. So here is my solution using a Teensy3.1 as a converter between MavLink and the S.Port on FrSky X8R.

See attached file below...

Views: 307025

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the advice. This is such a great feature I don't no why it hasn't been implemented on the pixhawk yet. I guess none of the developers have had this combination of gear and the need.

I guess I was hoping someone would pop up and say they've already done it :-)

To me it's invaluable until I can get a portable GCS. iPad preferably :-)

So is the S.BUS just rs232? But bi-directional?

"So is the S.BUS just rs232? But bi-directional?"

Yes, but inverted and singlewire, runs at 56700 baud

maybe lets ask someone if there is enough memory left on apm2.6 to do it nativelly? there are 2 serial ports on apm 2.5+ the second one needs to have pins soldered on and a hole made in the casing. I've used it on another apm (deceased) with raspberry pi conjunction. no programming was involved, only setting up all the parameters right. 

Thanks Rolf,

I did it so and it works now with HDOP.

regards Peter

Hello Rolf,

HDOP is fine.

How do I get error messages evaluated:
eg. undervoltage

regards Peter

You have to set it up on your Taranis,

http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=4818

/Rolf

I want the error codes not have on the TARANIS, but on the Teensy.
I want, for example, blink a Led at a low voltage or other Errors that come from PIXHAWK.

Peter

Great program - it worked first try. Thank you. 

Also taught me about the Teensy 3.1 - what a great little board. 

I wanted to see if could combine the mavlink data with SPORT sensor data so that I could use the FLVSS LiPo sensor also. By commenting out the lines that sent the cell data and total voltage,  and removing the check for sensor ID 2 ( 0x1A) it worked fine. Now I will try to see if I can auto detect the FLVSS so that it will switch between that and internally calculated battery data. 

Andrew

Definatelly opened my eyes on teensy. I think it is more powerfull than apm itself :) anyone willing to come up with a sensor shield for it?

Having problem compiling code.  Sorry never done this before.  when I try to compile MavLink_FrSkySPort I get this:         MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino:47:25: fatal error: GCS_MAVLink.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated

when I try to compile FrSkySPort.h  I get this:

MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino:47:25: fatal error: GCS_MAVLink.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

Which code(s) do I compile and load?  How?

Thanks

It's simple...do like this:

1. Download and extract the MavLink_FrSkySPort_1.2.zip file   (for example. to your desktop)

2. Open Arduino software and in  menu File/Preference change the sketchbook location to the place you extracted the .zip file, press Ok

3. Restart Arduino and in the menu File/Sketchbook  select  MavLink_SkySPort

4. Compile and transfer to Teensy

( You must have installed the Teensy extension for Arduino  http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html  )

Rolf,  You are the man.  Got it.

Thanks

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service