Hi all,

I just bought an FrSky Taranis for my quad copter and needed to get the Mavlink data up on the Taranis LCD telemetry display. So here is my solution using a Teensy3.1 as a converter between MavLink and the S.Port on FrSky X8R.

See attached file below...

Views: 306240

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Please check lines 315, 316. They do not actually do anything and seem like a typo.

In the Arducopter_Position telem2.lua what are p0.bmp and t0.bmp supposed to look like? Also uarrow.bmp and darrow.bmp, wouldn't it be better to reuse arrow0.bmp and arrow8.bmp? And where is hud00.bmp?.

I can get this script to display in the simulator but not on the PLUS. I renamed it telem3.lua and put it in the _modelname_ subdirectory under /SCRIPTS/ and all it shows is a blank screen.

I couldn't find uarrow, darrow and rarrow bmps so I took the liberty to create some. They are 6x6.

I also decided to make a larrow, just in case. 

Attachments:

Thanks.

I was trying to solve other issues on that script, but got delayed both on personal issues and also a rebuild of my hexa including installing a retractable landing gear with some logic behind its operation, that is still underway.

I'll be back to it asap.

The missing arrows on github can be seen on this screenshot, but this is not complete due to issues calculating the HUD, and also integrating other values from telemetry on the left side of the screen, including the p0 (power) and t0 (throttle) bmps that can be seen also, but are just placeholders, because OpenTX is going to implement Vertical Gauges, anytime very soon. 

At the moment the HUD display is static, because it will require more telemetry values to be sent from the multicopter to the radio. It's partially implemented at https://github.com/chsw/MavLink_FrSkySPort/blob/master/MavLink_FrSk...

but still not being sent down.

Also on this layout I won't have need for a left arrow :)

Sorry, but I don't have a Plus to test, and according to what I've seen the Plus is running a special 2.09 build of OpenTX.

Please note that this script does not need to have the Model Scripts running, because I'm trying to maintain everything "inside" this script.

Christian's scripts (Arducopter_Status) do require the model scripts running.

Luis thanks for the information. I already knew that the scripts in MIXES weren't necessary for your script. I am also testing with the latest additions and download a new .zip of the repository shortly after anyone makes an addition. I am not sure what the issue is on my setup, but I will look to see if there is some interaction between Christian's LUA scripts and yours.

I also use custom versions of the noGPS/2D/3D bmps to help clean up the display. I do love your directional arrows.

Sorry you lost me, but I do follow the comment below. Value HDOP/4 is sent possibly.

Thanks, I'll try that.

HDOP seems more important to me in assessing the stability of GPS position, so I trust low HDOP as being ready to fly more so than Sats count. Maybe that's not the best way but it seems more reliable so far.

ENQUIRY CONFIGURATION:

1.  PIXHAWK

2.  ARDUINO MINI PRO

3.  X8R & TARANIS

ENQUIRY SOFTWARE: 

1.  ? PIN 9 SUPPORTED IN MavLink_FrSkySPort_1.3.zip ?  

ENQUIRY HARDWARE:

1.  ? SUCCESS WITH PIXHAWK OR ONLY APM ?

A.  SUCCESS FOUND YOUR ARDUINO CONFIGURATION & MY GOAL IS MINI PRO WITH MavLink_FrSkySPort_1.3.zip

B.  REQUEST ANY REFFERAL OR INSTRUCTIONS WITH MINI PRO CONFIGURATION. 

THANK YOU & HAVE A NICE DAY.

GARRETT MIN

ENQUIRY AFTER VERIFY/COMPILE: 

1.  PLEASE PRESS THE RESET BUTTON ON TEENSY TO UPLOAD SKETCH. 

ON MY MINI PRO I PRESS THE RESET BUTTON & THE TEENSY LOADER DOES NOTHING WHILE MINIPRO BLINKS. 

SUGGESTIONS?

ENQUIRY SOFTWARE:

1.  ? FAILED TEENSY LOADER WITH MINIPRO. 

1A.  AFTER VERIFY/COMPILE EDITOR SAYS: 

OPENING TEENSY LOADER

TEENSY REBOOT

PRESS RESET BUTTON ON TEENSY TO UPLOAD SKETCH

AUTO REBOOT IF TEENSY RUNNING PREVIOUS SKETCH

1B:  ?HOW TO SUCCESS TEENSY LOADER WITH A ARDUINO MINI PRO? 

anbody got the Pinout(hope i call that right) of the APM telemetry port  basicly were is ground TX and Rx!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service