Hi all,

I just bought an FrSky Taranis for my quad copter and needed to get the Mavlink data up on the Taranis LCD telemetry display. So here is my solution using a Teensy3.1 as a converter between MavLink and the S.Port on FrSky X8R.

See attached file below...

Views: 306714

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Now it´s compiling! Thank you very much! I still have to try it but at least I have load it into the board. I still  think that all developers should start joining and organize the code so that it is easier to upload it to any board (teensy, arduinos, etc)

In the meantime the rest of the users will be testing everything in the boards that we have.

Hello MBR,

I have the same arduino pro mini and want to connect a pixhawk telemetry with X8R receiver S-port. Do you succeeded to create a working arduino sketch for it ?

I don't understand wich file to compile in the links you give to Bernardo.

Thanks for your help.

It won't work with 8MHz Arduinos

Damned ! So I will try to see if Bernardo as some sucess with the arduino nano...

Thanks

Hello,

Have you succeeded to link pixhawk telemetry with X8R receiver by using an arduino nano ?

If you did it, I will be very interested on it.

Ed

Hi Ed. I still don´t have a pixhawk. Although the mavlink protocol is the same so it should work fine. The telemetry modules are the same too! If you test it please let me know.

Ok, I think I will be ready to test by the end of the year (long delay with aliexpress providers).

But wich sketch should I compile for the nano ?

Ed

It was ok when I used Teensy. But there is something wrong for Arduino Pro Mini. Everything is perfect for Arduino Pro Mini. But, latitude and longitude of GPS is something wrong. It said that "0N00'2.502, 0E00'4.860". Degrees and minutes is zero. When I see the GPS information at MissionPlanner, it is ok.

I used SoftwareSerial at Arduino Pro Mini for the _FrSkySPort_Serial. Please let me know how to solve it.

I don't understand which files I have to use with the pro mini : I get a message when compiling with the Arduino 1.5.6.r2 version "not enough memory for variables" ?

Could you telle me wich arduino sketch use ?

Ed

One more uC (FTDI) and I'll baptize that whole thing to

uC quad bomber

Pixhawk

uBlox

X8R

3DR Radio Telemetry

ESC's

Buck Converter

Camera

Reply to Discussion

RSS