Hi all,

I just bought an FrSky Taranis for my quad copter and needed to get the Mavlink data up on the Taranis LCD telemetry display. So here is my solution using a Teensy3.1 as a converter between MavLink and the S.Port on FrSky X8R.

See attached file below...

Views: 307469

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have it wired up exactly as described to my Pixhawk telemetry 2 port (I checked the pinout for the pixhawk telemetry port to make sure it was right). When I power it up the Teensy just blinks orange slowly. The only telemetry value I get on my Taranis is A1 which reports around 4.4 volts. Any idea why it isn't working? Do I need to change the baud rate for the telemetry port on my Pixhawk? It's set to 57600 right now. Thanks!

Check if TX pin on the PixHawk is connected to RX pin on the Teensy.

I believe there's an option related to MinimOSD on Mission Planner to force transmitting telemetry.

I don't have that issue because my Teensy is in Parallel with the Bluetooth dongle on port 2, and on port 1 I have the 433 Telemetry radio alone.

Oh wow, that was the problem. I had TX -> TX and RX -> RX. I switched them and now it's working fine. Thanks so much!

There are two versions of pro mini. The original 168 and later 328.

I tried to upload to pro mini 168 without success, the arduino environment reports  MavLink_FrSkySPort:145: error: 'Serial1' was not declared in this scope

Translation works eith arduino mega, leonardo and sparkfun pro micro. But not with the included pro mini 168 or 328.

What's wrong? The software serial should work on both versions as I know.

Any help woulg greatly appreciated, how to make it work on pro micro.

Hello-

awesome work- THANKS!

I get the telemetry values sent to my Taranis- but the LUA Skript does not start up.

I made the settings above /thank you for the screenshots!) but have no clue what the folder structure on the SD card has to be exactly- i.e. where to put the Lua_Telemetry files from your

https://github.com/lvale/MavLink_FrSkySPort/tree/DisplayAPMPosition...

for the LUA.... I already read the LUA manuals but still am not sure? Does EVERYTHING in there belong in SCRIPTS/ modelname ?? Or the BMPs in the general BMP likewise sounds...?

Please help, because this is the last step for "complete awesomeness" ;-)

Perhaps a screenshot of your Taranis SD cards SCRIPTS folder structure??

Thanks

Hi

The folder structure is the standard for OpenTX 2.x

The sounds go to the SOUNDS\en folder

and the BMP's go to SCRIPTS\BMP

the script itself goes to SCRIPTS\YourModelNameWithoutSpaces

Ah, something else

Fundamental

push ! Where is the GPS issue ???

Picture of the plan

I'm planning on adding the telemetry radio and Teensy 3.1. My current setup has MinimOSD-Extra and FLVSS and they are working perfectly. Do any of you see a problem with this plan (see picture)?

For example:

1. Some parameters of the APM Telmetry output were changed according to the MiniOSD-extra instructions... would that cause problems with the two other devices?

2. APM would be powering the X8R, FVVSS, GPS/compass, Teensy and Telemetry radio. Will it cope?

PS. I removed everyhing related to FLVSS in the Teensy 1.4 source code since I have it for real

This not declared scope error occurs during compiling ain Arduino 1.0.5 r2, so it is not depends on the actual board you have but the selection from the board list. I choosed Arduino pro or pro mini that is failed in compiling (just in test, not in upload). I tried to copy into exaples as you recommended but error is the same.

What board do you select?

case MAVLINK_MSG_ID_GPS_RAW_INT:

{
osd_lat = mavlink_msg_gps_raw_int_get_lat(&msg) / 10000000.0f;
osd_lon = mavlink_msg_gps_raw_int_get_lon(&msg) / 10000000.0f;
osd_fix_type = mavlink_msg_gps_raw_int_get_fix_type(&msg);
osd_satellites_visible = mavlink_msg_gps_raw_int_get_satellites_visible(&msg);
}

break;

static float osd_lat = 0; // latidude

static float osd_lon = 0; // longitude

Reply to Discussion