Hi all,

I just bought an FrSky Taranis for my quad copter and needed to get the Mavlink data up on the Taranis LCD telemetry display. So here is my solution using a Teensy3.1 as a converter between MavLink and the S.Port on FrSky X8R.

See attached file below...

Views: 308105

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No, I don't use this LED's.

I think he forgot the link ... just ask him: micropet@plischka.at

Do I've to cut this rly ???

Hi

The male guy voice nagging ends after a while :) I also have CH7 set to RTH :)

What happens is this: Return to Home can be set as a flight mode. So if there's a mismatch between what we ask the PixHawk to do (one of the 6 positions set by SD and SG in your case) and what the PixHawk reports the voice warns us of the mismatch between what is set by the switches and the real flight mode.

I created this scheme because if you ask for a GPS assisted mode (say Loiter) and there's no GPS then the PixHawk continues at the previous mode, and I wanted to be warned of this. 

Also imagine that for some weird reason you are flying in some mode and there's a glitch on the controller and it switches to RTH or Land although you were flying in other mode.

So whenever there's a mismatch between what we ask the PixHawk to do and what it really does the male voice comes up.

That's the reason it's a male voice, and it nags you. I bet you really pay attention :)

Initially I had it repeating forever :) but then changed the behavior for it to shut up after a few times (the interval gets smaller between warnings)

You can control its behavior at the Flight_switches() function modifying either of these 2 lines:

repeatplay=300+getTime()
SwitchFlag=5

where the 300 is interval to the first repetition and 5 the number of times the nagging repeats :)

If you look on this thread there was a discussion about this.

It's not required. You only have to cut it if you want to have the USB and power connected at the same time, which is only useful to debug code running.

Now it makes a lot of sense. Well thought through and good to know. 

Yes, now i will definitely pay attention if he talks :-) 

Is It possible to sense the cell voltages for 2 4S lipos in parallel 

I run 2 4S 5000mah lipo on my hex and would like to see all 8 cells

There seems to be a few different variations of the code flying about now.

Has anyone done a comparison table so that people like me who want to try this is able to work out which is the best version to go for?

Hi

There are basically two versions of the code (the code that runs on the Teensy 3.1):

The 1.3 version by Rolf that is broken since a previous release of OpenTX, and the one that Christian and I (amongst others) share, and has been improved over time (the last improvement by Wolke requires some additional connections and a resistor matrix added to the Teensy to report each cell value).

Then there's the way that each of us interprets and displays the data on the radio (the LUA scripts), that is different from the Teensy code. 

Here it's a personal choice, and Christian is en route to develop a API on the Taranis.

The more the best.

Hi

I was looking at the INO code, and since I haven't built the resistors matrix I have a question. On the current code you define both the single cell process and the number of cells. Wouldn't it be possible for the code to check if A0 to A5 or A7 have a cell connected (I suppose the A lines would be 0 if nothing connected) and then switch to the single cell process and automatically determine the number of cells ?? And if nothing connected on A0 revert to the old "guess" method ?

This would make the whole process more transparent. If a balance plug is connected to the Teensy you get accurate results per cell, if not you get estimate results per cell.

just my 2c :)

Luis

edit:

#define USE_SINGLE_CELL_MONITOR
#define USE_AP_VOLTAGE_BATTERY_FROM_SINGLE_CELL_MONITOR // use this only with enabled USE_SINGLE_CELL_MONITOR
#ifdef USE_SINGLE_CELL_MONITOR
// configure number of cells
#define CELLCOUNT 6
#endif

having the same problems as Bordacs

which? the:

MavLink_FrSkySPort:145: error: 'Serial1' was not declared in this scope

is caused by wrong Arduino IDE, use 1.0.5-r2.

I have 1.0.5 rc2  but serial1 was not defined in this scope.

What shall i download the pro mini compatible version? i may have a broken version. http://svn.mbr89.de wont let me download anything!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service