Hi all,

I just bought an FrSky Taranis for my quad copter and needed to get the Mavlink data up on the Taranis LCD telemetry display. So here is my solution using a Teensy3.1 as a converter between MavLink and the S.Port on FrSky X8R.

See attached file below...

Views: 308031

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

what sw is that? OpenTX Companion?

right.

I've tested both -the teensy version works well, the promini version gives wrong gps values.

@luis

here an picture with the resistor network. all resistor values are found in E24 series.

/g

wolke

Yes

Thanks 

It was more of real implementation :) The circuit part was easy to understand :).

Thanks, but most of the hard work is from Christian :)

I left that blank space for something that would be useful in the future :) and it really seems it is worth :)

edit: A picture of how you managed to add the resistors would be helpful :)

Now I have to remove the protection from my Teensy to add some more cables :) LoL, and I'll have to redo the flight time estimates since we have reliable cell tension :)

edit: edit: copied from above to be in context:)

Is this the right wiring ?

Cuz the teensy is only slowly blinking.

http://www.exp-tech.de/Mainboards/Teensy-3.html

I also connected the GND to Pix.

my realisation:), a little bit dirty but works well:). in my case i connect two 3s 8000mA/H lipos in series. in this case it is very important that you do not connect the the lipo ballancer gnd line to the teensy board. because it can happens that you firstly disconnect the main lipo jack from first lipo. in this case the second lipo is already connected to mainpower + line and all current will flow through the small ballancer gnd line from first lipo  all included electronics are affected (teensy, x8r and apm(pixhawk). i lost my first teensy in this way.

/g

wolke

!!there is one bad resistor label in picture above. 8k4 is wrong and must replaced be 2k!!  

@MBR

/OT you used a pic from plischka.at - do you have the code for his led-drivers?

Currently we have no way to address each cell value on a script.

So, I've opened a issue on OpentTX to expose each cell to the script variables

https://github.com/opentx/opentx/issues/1799

brgds

Luis

Hi Luis,

first off all: AWESOME work.

I have the Teensy running now and your LUA script shows up nicely.

My flight modes are configured with SG for the 3 positions and SD to toggle between the 2 sets.

SD UP is set 1, !SD UP is set 2

The mix is setup so that it goes through all the modes in sequence of the PPM signal which I mixed to be linear (Stabilize, AltHold, Loiter, Drift, Circle, Auto).

The first 3 work perfectly with voice feedback. The 2nd set is a bit of a problem.

Stabilize -> Drift (SD from UP to !UP) I hear: Stabilize engaged, Drift active and after that a male voice: "Check flight switch missmatch" a few times

Move from Drift to Circle mode and I get: Position hold engaged, Circle mode active and after that a male voice: "Check flight switch missmatch" a few times

--------------------------------------

Stupid of me.... fixed it myself after I found that the modes have to be defined in the lua script manually to match. So with this the 6 flight modes are working and the above can be ignored :-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any suggestion on how I can get this to work?

In addition to that I have RTH on CH7 separately. Once this is pulled I get return to launch followed by the guy again (quite a nag) with "check flight switch mismatch" a few times.

Thanks

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service