Hi all,

I just bought an FrSky Taranis for my quad copter and needed to get the Mavlink data up on the Taranis LCD telemetry display. So here is my solution using a Teensy3.1 as a converter between MavLink and the S.Port on FrSky X8R.

See attached file below...

Views: 308476

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1.0.5-r2

When i use the Telem1.lua on my Taranis i get only a blank screen. 

Within the Companion Simulator everything looks fine.

Any ideas how i can working it on Taranis too ?

Do i have to remove the Scripts from the original Mavlink 2 FrSky Projekt APMTelem.lua and ApmSounds.lua from the Scripts/Mixes Folder ?

Thanks

Christian

Probably yes

Only tested on a blank SDCard.

we "share" variables :)

I was almost ready to order a Teensy but seeing this way of displaying the information on the Taranis screen pushed me over the edge, great work. Is this for OpenTX 1.? or will this work with the newer Opentx 2.0 or does it not really matter?

For those of you who use my fork of this project, there is a new release:

https://github.com/chsw/MavLink_FrSkySPort/releases/tag/1.4_rc2

This release includes updated versions of my lua-scripts.

ApmTelem is needed for all my other scripts to work. 

ApmSounds is used to play a sound each time the current flight mode is changed. It will also play a sound (currently only for some) of the status messages reported by the flight controller.

ApmStatus includes two custom telemetry screens. These can be used independent of each other (as long as ApmTelem.lua is installed as a mixer script). The first one display information of your vehicles status: Volts, Amps, Currents, Gps status, Current consumption, Current flighmode, Active status etc. The second one shows a log of the status messages received from your vehicle.

You don't need to use my lua-scripts in order to use the code on Teensy, they are just included as a bonus. But if you want to write your own lua-scipts, feel free to use the api in ApmTelem to save memory and code in your project. I'm working on simplifying this api, so excepct some changes soon. Upgrading your code after this changes will be a minimal task though.

Hi Christian. One quick question. Are you working on the software for the Teensy or it can be used in the Atmel boards too?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but this post has become quite confusing with many developers working for different boards.

Thank you!

As far as I know, it can't run on a Atmel-board without some modifications. Since I don't have a working atmel-board, I haven't tested to see what needs to be changed though.

Can I please ask you guys a question?

I am using x8r, teensy3.1, APM2.6, NEO-6M GPS, and power module.

I was getting a Vcc error, below minium 4.6v - it was ranging from 4.7v to 4.4v

So I bought a new Power Module, the new one gives me atm and I've only done limited testing so far, between 4.7v and 4.6v.

To me this still seems on the low side... but I am a beginner so I don't know what to expect.

Can anyone advise what a good power reading should be?

sry I know this is off topic, but I have asked elsewhere without response.

I went ahead a wire one of these up but used the arduino mini max I had. I removed the Mavlink area for now to do some testing. I can change values and see how they are displayed on the Taranis. The one area that seems to be a problem is the GPS Lad and Long. The code doesn't seem to work at all. I have been able to get a display for my location, but doesn't seem to have a pattern I can see. Just in playing with Long, I can set the "E" & "W" bit, but the number I come up with for my long doesn't seem to match anything that makes sence. Does the code work using the teensy board correctly? Thanks

There is no problem with the coordinates using this code and a Teensy 3.1 board.

The gps-coordinates is sent as 32 bit values. If the problem is isolated to gps-coordinates, I would start by making sure that these 32 bit values is handled correctly on the Arduino mini.

hi,

a big thx to rolf and luis for your great work.

a week ago i get my new taranis and an tennsy3.1. after testing a little bit the new radio and after learning opentx and lua i get my teensy working together with an apm2.6.

ther was a big smile in my face after powering the system and see all my important telemetry data nicely arranged  on my taranis lcd:)).

additional i add lipo cell voltage monitoring for my 6s lipo. i use the teensy A0-A5 pinns connected via an resistor voltage divider network. this works great and is more accurate than reported voltage from apm.

this will display cells 1-6 in first telemetry screen and the lowest cell voltage in main telemetry screen.

code and resistor network values can found here:

https://github.com/wolkstein/MavLink_FrSkySPort

the repository is forked from luis https://github.com/lvale/MavLink_FrSkySPort

thx luis.

/g

wolke

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service