Hi all,

I just bought an FrSky Taranis for my quad copter and needed to get the Mavlink data up on the Taranis LCD telemetry display. So here is my solution using a Teensy3.1 as a converter between MavLink and the S.Port on FrSky X8R.

See attached file below...

Views: 306269

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For a single Cable you would need this:  http://www.frsky-rc.com/product/pro.php?pro_id=112

Thank you I was just wondering if there was a new ability that I missed.

OR flash the s.bus firmware on the APM if possible (seems not all non-"original" itterations of it can do it)

I kind of killed my teensy when doing something wrong on the network and redid it just nu, can you instruct me how to see if all good?  Measurements to make etc? :)

Say Cell1 lines on the network has a certain resistance in the end etc?

my original apm runs s.bus firmware just fine. google how to flash it. 

I have this installed on a pro mini. had to change serial1 to serial.

has anybody got the GPS to work on the pro mini? I see lots have had this problem, but no solution.

Would I be better off ordering the teeny?

would like to know asap, as \im about to order one.

Thanks

davis

Which version you've running on the pro mini ?

I tried them all (Wolke's, Luis Vale Gonçalves... etc) and if i dont comment this part :

case MAVLINK_MSG_ID_STATUSTEXT: //253
mavlink_msg_statustext_decode(&msg,&statustext);
ap_status_severity = statustext.severity;
ap_status_send_count = 5;
// parseStatusText(statustext.severity, statustext.text);

the whole thing doesnt work.. i mean, even the led doesnt blink, no mavlink receiving anything... however if i comment that line, it works and i receive data. Weird, no ?

Also, does it take a while for your radio to begin receiving this telemetry ? I notice mine takes like a minute or so to show data after connecting the battery to the quad...

All ok again, found an error in my network though, but I am afraid to hook it up now :P

Is there a certain order to connect? Lipo main first, then balanceplug? Or doesnt matter?

And I should have a common ground using a single battery yes? :)

I'll reply here too since I finally got all working flawlesssly including network :)

I'm wondering though (havent been able to test yet, rain rain and rain) is the code for the teensy updated for the ARM = quad startpoint or is it as it first was, first lock = starting point?

to connect:

Lipo main first, then balancer plug.

to disconnect:

balance plug first then main plug.

this is more save. but i also leave the balancer plugs connected while the main plugs open. no problems. important is that you do not connect the lipo balancer plug gnd to the teensy or other parts. in my case and in my first version of network i do this. because i use two lipos in series and because disconnecting lipo main plug on gnd side first, all current run through the teensy and x8r and apm. because i connected lipo balancer gnd to teensy analog reverence pin only the teensy burned:).but that is why i deny to connect the lipo balancer gnd to other parts than the resistor network. else, it is possible to build a dangerous gnd line/loop.

Ah ok, nice to have all working now!

But how to get mAh-usage showing and such? 

The F G H I from  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wolkstein/MavLink_FrSkySPort/s-c-...

I see voltage and cell-min and I Think I did the config correctly with Wh but no values as there :/

hi marcus,

there was no way to reply direct under your last post. so i have to reply here.

Reply by Marcus Harrysson1 hour ago

Ah ok, nice to have all working now!

But how to get mAh-usage showing and such? 

The F G H I from  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wolkstein/MavLink_FrSkySPort/s-c-...

I see voltage and cell-min and I Think I did the config correctly with Wh but no values as there :/

did you use a current sensor? the teensy submit current and consumption (mah) from mavlink. without current sensor no calculation for mah and wh is possible. and if you have an current sensor in use, i am unsure if you must configure the apm or pixhawk to submit mah and not % values for consumption.

second,

did you use the latest version of my scripts. if not please update to the latest version. i have fixed the occasional Telem1.lua script error.

see

https://github.com/wolkstein/MavLink_FrSkySPort/commit/64b0c10402aa...

and

https://github.com/opentx/opentx/issues/1966

/g

wolke

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service