Hi all,

I just bought an FrSky Taranis for my quad copter and needed to get the Mavlink data up on the Taranis LCD telemetry display. So here is my solution using a Teensy3.1 as a converter between MavLink and the S.Port on FrSky X8R.

See attached file below...

Views: 307430

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

where can I download this fix?

I lost track of this discussion completely.

I just flashed second teensy 3.1 with same code, I see voltage and amps on my taranis, and frankly do not need anything else.

if you go here, look in the radio configs/ taranis telemetry/ advanced

for file mavlink_frskyport and if you use scripts from same drive it works together OK.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-B7PQy0joGrUjFmb2pSTFlqcWc...

If Wolke or anybody else could explain what other code does differently or is better - please let me know, as I am a bit lost and would prefer not to experiment with this stuff.

Update:

I was able to setup usung Teensy2.0, with arducopter 3.3rc5 on Pixhawk :) thanks again for the help guys :)
I did not cut the trace of Vcc on the teensy board, will it have a side effect?
And one more thing, in my setup, I want to connect a 3dr radio, minimOSD, and the teensy. Previously, I set them like this:

telem1 : minimOSD
telem20: 3dr radio

Now, I connected Teensy2.0 on telem port2, what setup can you recommend for me to connect a 3dr radio and minimOSD? Do I need a Y-cable? Or can I use other serial ports on the Pixhawk?

Thanks again for the help my friends! I am glad I followed your advice to ditch the pro mini :)
I have telem radio on port 1 by itself. On port 2 I have a y cable. I have only Tx from pixhawk going to rx on MinimOSD (with vcc and gnd - so 3 wires), for Teensy, I have Tx, rx, and gnd from y cable in Port 2 going to teensy. Works perfectly.

Guys, sometime I am getting annoyingly repeated messages - either flight mode  or alerts (pre-arm or battery) repeated over and over again (Taranis voice announcements).

Did anyone experience the same - is there a ready solution to avoid it or just have to learn to live with it?

I did not connect the Rx from pixhawk to teensy's Tx.
It can help as the Teensy code tries to configure the Pixhawk mavlink message feed rates (same as when you configure SRn_ parameters in mission planner) so needs an input from Teensy to do that. I found that it doesn't work anyway as mine only works if I manually configure the SR2_ parameters in mission planner.
I am a bit confused here, the reason why I did not connect the Tx of teensy to the pixhawk's rx pin is mainly because of the assumption that the teensy does not send out data to the pixhawk telemetry, just the same as the minimOSD, where the Tx of minimOSD Is not connected to the pixhawk's rx. In contrast, I have both the tx and rx pins of the 3dr radio connected to the corresponding pins on pixhawk.
Is this assumption wrong?

Is this using 3.3rc?

The teensy can send out requests/data but it doesn't have to, if the telemetry port is already set up to broadcast telemetry unconditionally then you can just connect the rx/gnd pins and let it listen.  Because it doesn't need to transmit some people piggy back it on another telemetry device like minimosd.  3.3rc allows you to use the serial4 port btw, so you can also plug it in there if you want.

I think you're right, I don't think the teensy mavlink requests do anything these days, if they ever did work.  I suspect it's because the teensy mavlink library is really old.  It needs updated but the new libraries dropped out of the box support for arduino build environment and are a lot more complex.  

Thanks for the clarification, :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service