Hi all,

I just bought an FrSky Taranis for my quad copter and needed to get the Mavlink data up on the Taranis LCD telemetry display. So here is my solution using a Teensy3.1 as a converter between MavLink and the S.Port on FrSky X8R.

See attached file below...

Views: 306628

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have the same issue withe the Storm32 bgc and the teensy telemetry on the Taranis using V2.0.17.

I always get the System messages from the storm on the Taranis!

I uses also these code to get rid of it but unfortunately it does not stops or filters the Message ID correctly.

Does some one could solve the Problem or has a good Idea to solve it?

Why do you connect strom32 via serial to flight controller? is there any specific functionality that is needed this way?

I simply made a Y wire split from SBUS output on X8R into both pizhawk and storm32 and feed pitch signal this way into storm32 board, but not sure what info from strom32 we would ever need on the pixhawk side - why to connect it using serial port?

HI Paul,

of course there is a lot of comfort not now but hopefully in the future.

But now the Pixhawk adjust the pitch in auto mode for a POI or takes the pictures for Grid.

I´ve also solved the problem with the mavlink from the storm32 bgc. The code above is correct but I made a mistake when i compiled the code. 

Question, how do I get Teensy starting automatic after powerup?
Currently I have to upload programm always newly and reboot teensy to start Mavlink program.

Hi Rolf,  here is my setup, i am using the D8R-2plus which i have flashed with XP firmware to enable cppm.. so sbus is just iverted , the D8R has 2 wire serial tx/ rx if i am not wrong? can i use your setup with the 2 wire serial i have instead of s-bus?

also i am new to the whole arduino and when compiling your sketch i get

"Serail2" not defined , what am i doing wrong?

also i am using a leostick, is this why i get a error? do i need to change the ports?

can see it only has one usart, can i use the spi port, or try find the rx/tx signals before they go into the usb converter?

thanks for your time, just a little lost, would like to use the leo stick if i can

I am using Wolke's code.

I am struggling with the SR set up.... I have all the data on telemetry  but it's quite sluggish. What is the official set up? I am using a pixhawk with arducopter 3.2.1 and the openTX  Taranis plus  2.0.17 

Which telem port are you using for getting data out of the pixhawk into the Teensy? Assuming its the Telem2 port, then I find the following SR2_ parameters work ok for me:

SR2_EXT_STAT = 10 
SR2_EXTRA1 = 5
SR2_EXTRA2 = 10
SR2_EXTRA3 = 3
SR2_PARAMS =0
SR2_POSITION = 2 
SR2_RAW_CTRL = 2
SR2_RAW_SENS = 10
SR2_RC_CHAN = 0

The ones in bold are the only telemetry channels used by the Teensy.

Also, make sure SERIAL2_PROTOCOL = 1

and SERIAL2_BAUD = 57

If you are sharing the Telem2 port connection with both the Teensy3.1 and a MinimOSD (for FPV Telemetry overlay), then you need to make sure that only one of these two boards has its Tx connection connected into the Rx pin of the Telem port on the Pixhawk )(my preference is to have the Teensy Tx connected to the telem port Rx and not do this on the MinimOSD.

I would suggest if you use the MinimOSD also on Telem2 then amend SR2_RC_CHAN = 5. This allows switching screens on the MinimOSD using a switch assigned channel on your radio.

I find using Telem2 for these devices allows me to use Telem1 for the 3DR radio (I'm told that the Telem1 port is higher powered and this is better for the Telem radio - taking the word of others here!)

Occasionally on powering up my hexacopter, I fail to get telemetry out of Telem2 (this is apparent to me more on the MinimOSD, as it displays 'no mavlink data' on the screen). I've not fully got to the bottom of this but reading some posts it does suggest that the SR2_ values could be the cause, so this needs further investigation/experimentation on my part to bottom out. Re-powering the craft usually fixes this.

Cheers, Paul

I got it solved by adding a delay of at least 20sec in setup loop.

-------

void setup() {

delay(20000); // Waiting 20sec for bootup of pixhawk or apm

FrSkySPort_Init();

-------

Hello!

Firat, i have read through most of the 100+ pages but I find myself at a bit of a loss on "where to begin". Or rather I got confused when the branches/mods showed up in the thread. :)

I get confused over some of e forks that seem based on Arduino Micro Pro in comparison to the original code.

So, here are my situation.

I have a APM 2.6 with 3DR Radio and Minimosd (Minimosd only has the APM TX connected)
I have a Taranis X9D Plus with opentx-9xdp-v.2.0.9.2
I have an X8R
I have a teensy 3.1 lying about.

Which branch etc is my best be for this? :)

Hello Jan,

take this code from here!

Works perfect for me!

Or this one but here i got problems with the storm32 bgc.

Both are for the Teensy 3.1 and working out of the box.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service