Hi all,

I just bought an FrSky Taranis for my quad copter and needed to get the Mavlink data up on the Taranis LCD telemetry display. So here is my solution using a Teensy3.1 as a converter between MavLink and the S.Port on FrSky X8R.

See attached file below...

Views: 307025

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Does anyone know how to configure open TX to work with version 2.1?
After Configuring all the telemetry parameters , how should the other pages be configured . And the rest of the SD folders ..
Thank you

Have a look at the readme here: https://github.com/Clooney82/MavLink_FrSkySPort/tree/s-c-l-v-rc-ope...

Have a look at the 3 pictures in MavLink_FrSkySPort Directory to see how you must setup telemetry in openTX 2.1.

yes i did ,

the three pictures explains just  the new telemetry screen configuration  , but how to configure the rest  ?, there are many missing  pieces of information , and my question is if i should copy everything of the configuration that is valid for 2.0.17  for the rest ( the other lua scripts, the mix,es, input, flight modes, logical sw ,  special functions ,   there is no orientation on how to configure that part ..

Is it possible to summarize what is (if there is any) the point to upgrade taranis into 2.1 firmware from previous 2.0.x? Is there any practical benefit from 2.1? Any new features?

this branch is under development. also devs are on trail and error with 2.1. so this is why there is no clear set-up information at this state of development.

if you need stable telemetry on apm please use opentx 2.0.17 and the main s-c-l-v-rc branch. this will work stable with no eu x8r firmware. on eu firmware receivers you need currently the new branch. but this is on many parts untested and buggy. because devs are working on different things over the whole code base.

/g

wolke

I found this very useful to decode MAVLINK messages from Pixhawk. Thanks. My latest problem is while this was very effective in reading data how can I set parameters on the Pixhawk using MAVLINK. In other words the reverse process. I have spent considerable time on the web but MAVLINK documentation is a real mess with no examples on how to use the GCS Mavlink library. For example - there is a SET_PARAM command but how to use it ?

i have added this script to show the error messages, on latest clooneys82 Lua scripts

but now it says : syntax error ( but it was working fine ), any ideas what could be wrong?, thank you 

-----------------------------------------------------

- MavSky telem2.lua 1.2.0
--
-- Copyright (c) Scott Simpson
--
-- This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
-- it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
-- the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
-- (at your option) any later version.
--
-- This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
-- but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
-- MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
-- GNU General Public License for more details.
--
-- A copy of the GNU General Public License is available at a href="http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>" target="_blank">http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>;.

initialize()

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

local function drawTopPanel()
lcd.drawFilledRectangle(0, 0, 212, 9, 0)

local flightModeNumber = getValue("fuel") + 1
if flightModeNumber < 1 or flightModeNumber > 17 then
flightModeNumber = 13
end

lcd.drawText(1, 1, FlightMode[flightModeNumber].Name, INVERS)

lcd.drawTimer(lcd.getLastPos() + 10, 1, model.getTimer(0).value, INVERS)

lcd.drawText(lcd.getLastPos() + 10, 1, "TX:", INVERS)
lcd.drawNumber(lcd.getLastPos() + 16, 1, getValue("tx-voltage")*10, 0+PREC1+INVERS)

lcd.drawText(lcd.getLastPos(), 1, "v", INVERS)

lcd.drawText(lcd.getLastPos() + 12, 1, "rssi:", INVERS)
lcd.drawNumber(lcd.getLastPos() + 10, 1, getValue("rssi"), 0+INVERS)
end

local function drawBottomPanel()
local footerMessage = getTextMessage()
lcd.drawFilledRectangle(0, 54, 212, 63, 0)
lcd.drawText(2, 55, footerMessage, INVERS)
end

local function background()
end

local function run(event)
local loopStartTime = getTime()
if loopStartTime > (lastTime + 100) then
checkForNewMessage()
lastTime = loopStartTime
end
checkForNewMessage()

lcd.clear()
drawTopPanel()
local i
local row = 1
for i = messageFirst, messageNext - 1, 1 do
-- lcd.drawText(1, row * 10 + 2, "abc " .. i .. " " .. messageFirst .. " " .. messageNext, 0)
lcd.drawText(1, row * 10 + 2, messageArray[(i % MESSAGEBUFFERSIZE) + 1], 0)
row = row + 1
end
end

return {run=run, background=background}

Hi,

do anybodyknow how I can get additional telemetry values an the taranis? I need the "sonarrange" value. 

Thanks for any hint!

HI, could anybody explain where to get and how to augment list of WAV files to support new messages from 3.3 rc10 and rc11  to accommodate all new set of changes including one below?

Have anybody looked at that issue yet?

---------------

Copter-3.3-rc11 is now available through the mission planner’s beta firmwares link.

This has just one change from –rc10, instead of saying “Waiting for 3D Fix” during pre-arm it gives a detailed reason like “PreArm: Need 6 sats (have 5)”.

--------------

See my reply at the beta thread.

and a bit more to elaborate: The code running on the teensy has to be redone to cope with that.

pre-arm checks are actually speaking up fine in RC10, what is missing now is a series of new messages for 'bad ahrs', 'compass variance', 'velocity variance', etc.

from what I understand those messages still fit old pattern of specific codes so it can be linked into WAV files same way as before, we only need a more complete correct list.

'need 3d fix' message replacement with what is done in RC11 is probably an issue, but if it has same old code I hope it would not matter. or do you mean there are no codes anymore for any messages?

These were effective at the time

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service