Hi all,

I just bought an FrSky Taranis for my quad copter and needed to get the Mavlink data up on the Taranis LCD telemetry display. So here is my solution using a Teensy3.1 as a converter between MavLink and the S.Port on FrSky X8R.

See attached file below...

Views: 306319

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hello,I got Almost everything done,but I don't know how to calibrate the current,and my north arrow is not moving when I move the copter,need you help.

oui j aimerais si c 'est possible je ne suis pas tres bon en arduino je connais quelque base,

j ai telecharger et installe dans :
c:\program files\arduino\libraries

lors de la compilation j ai une erreur qui revient fastserail

j ai essaye de compiler avec un nano 328p ou teensy mais rien a faire toujours la meme erreur
apres plusieurs essais
j ai mis a jour mes bibliotheques mais rien ne fais

Ok but as i understand in order to work with this script:

https://youtu.be/8Ldy0xH_G7M

you must use their adaptor even the teency 3.1 won't do the job .

because their 

Adapter uses native FrSky protocol coming from the Pixhawk, whereas the Teensy converts Mavlink messages to FrSky protocol. Through the Teensy, you cannot get all the information that transmits to the Taranis using the Pixhawk directly...

A staggeringly stupid thing for a german to post on a moderate technology forum.

You should be able to use any converter as described here:

http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-frsky-telemetry/

I guess it's just a taranis lua script that interprets the frsky telemetry available from the pixhawk/apm firmware.  Very similar to what is offered here, and other similar projects, so nothing you can't get for free.

However, these commercial providers design, obtain, solder and package the hardware for you, and code and test the software to match.  For the price you pay, for the end result you get, if you just want a cool solution to go fly with, the price is a pittance and well worth it.

Can this work with Turnigy 9Xr ? Similar options ? 

Having been working a custom solution for seversl weeks now, i would agree the cost of prepackaged hardware and software is more than fairly priced.  It has taken me a month just to get the data from my apm to my radio reliably, now i still have get script configured

.vous etes sur facebook? ça sera facile pour ne pas poluer ce forum.mon pseudo c est "Reno-Guiza safa"

je suis pas non plus fort en arduino mais j'ai trouvé une methode plus facile et simple 

ok mon speudo est :

gael ou

je vous envois un message des ce soirs merci d avances de votre coup de main

Current calibration described here: https://github.com/Clooney82/MavLink_FrSkySPort/wiki/2.1.2-mAh-and-...

As for your North Arrow, its actually more of a radar, as the arrow should move inside the square once armed, and the upwards arrow signifies the direction the quad was pointing at the arming time, so not necessarily North per-se. If that's not responding, it suggests that you are not getting a GPS coordinates telemetry feed. This comes in on the GPS sensor (I.e. the sensor named "GPS" on the model telemetry screen in OpenTx 2.1), so would suggest you go to the telemetry config screen for your model and see if you are getting the coordinates displayed for that sensor. If not, I would first advise deleting that sensor and doing a discovery to get it automatically added back in. I had an issue where I had manually created that sensor and the data was not displaying in a correctly formatted Lat/long, so I added it back as I suggest here and that fixed the issue. Good luck

I have the same issue. Everything works but the direction to home arrow. I know the gps is working because guided modes work. It works at first but after a couple minutes it sort of hangs and stops. Could this be an issue with the data telemetry speed rates? Do you know if this is it SR1_EXT_STAT??? in the amp copter params? Do you know what the setting should be? Thanks for any help! 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service