Hi all,

I just bought an FrSky Taranis for my quad copter and needed to get the Mavlink data up on the Taranis LCD telemetry display. So here is my solution using a Teensy3.1 as a converter between MavLink and the S.Port on FrSky X8R.

See attached file below...

Views: 306711

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thnaks Paul,I will try to discover gps sensor tomorrowdo I have to get a 3D fix before I do"discover new sensor"??for the Mah It looks complicated doesn't it?I have a wattmeter I will try to use it

Thanks!

No, you don't need a fix at all, just as long as the GPS is connected, and Mavlink sees the GPS then the teensy should read this in the telemetry stream and simulate a GPS sensor on the smartport bus, sending this down to your Taranis. With no fix it should still display only with a 0degree lat/long. In my case when I went to edit the original GPS sensor, in place of lat/long at the top it showed a 5 digit numeric value. I deleted the sensor, turned on discovery for a few seconds and a new GPS sensor appeared showing the correct lat/long format, then stopped discovery. If you are using OpenTx 2.1.7, then please make sure you have the latest lua screen called copter217.lua as otherwise several values will not display correctly.

Has anyone tried this for connection? I'm about to order this, but would be good to know if it's any use;-)

http://www.verticalhobby.com/kauppa/en/telemetry-accessories-frsky-...

No but looks interesting.  Only thing is that the description says the baud only goes to 9600 which isn't fast enough for telemetry.

Thanks for noticing that;-) I didn't check the baudrate. Then I found this. 3,50€ and It only needs TTL-to-RS232 converter.

http://www.verticalhobby.com/kauppa/advanced_search_result.php/en?k...

-K

I modify some code and integrate a touch LCD that could show the telemetry data in my ULRS CC 433 MHz middleware station.

https://github.com/liminghuang/MavLink_FrSkySPort 

I'm using a FAS-100 to supervise LiPo, and it's working wonders. No more then 50 mAh offset between what's on the Taranis screen and on the charger screen after a cycle. I'm flying 9600-9750 mAh from my 10 Ah 6S packs with ease of mind all the time.

Now, I have the FAS plugged into the SPort altimeter, along with Teensy and X8R, and I think the altimeter generates a conflict with MavLink Alt. As I don't see any other wiring option, where does one disable Alt in the software ?

And more. Since the FAS is so accurate, I didn't install a regular PM, and the Pixhawk gets no battery info. Will it be possible for the Teensy to read the FAS info off the SPort bus and output the 0-3.3V the FC expects on two analog pins ? 

Rolf,

Thank you for developing this system!

I would like to use a Teensy 3.2 board for this project.  I have read the first 30 pages and have seen reference to cutting a trace on the Rev 3.2 board.  I also see reference in the source code, but I have not found a good reference on exactly what surgery to perform.  Can you provide a picture of where/how the trace should be cut?

I'm looking forward to implementing this on my Taranis.  I have the code compiled;  I just need the board.

Am I going overboard by using the Rev 3.2 board?

Thanks

Garry

Garry, I have setup several of these now and never cut that trace. 3.2 is the way forward! Works well as long as you follow the wiki guides. https://github.com/Clooney82/MavLink_FrSkySPort/wiki

Hi all,

Is anyone else not getting pitch /roll information on A3/A4 ?

Tim

Hi guys. Can I trouble you for your wealth of knowledge. I've read most of this thread but I'm stumped. Apologies in advance as I'm a newb to all of this. I've managed to flash my teensy, have Open TX 2.1.7 on my Taranis with copter 217 lua and have managed to get the screen below. I have battery and TX voltage and heading reporting correctly. When I turn on my Taranis I get the flight mode displayed fo a secon or two then lose it.

I've followed Clooneys setup but I'm confused (it doesn't take much). I'm running an APM 2.6 with 3.2.1 fw. Can I ask, do I need to change the SR values in MP? Clooneys only talks of the SR2 values which I don't have. If I don't is there anything else I need to change? Also the layout of the FRSky Taranis telemetry pages that Clooney says need to be set is different from what I have access to, for esample I don't have 3 rows of boxes for cell voltage.

This is pretty basic stuff compared to what most of you guys are discussing but there are limited places to acquire this information.mif you can point me in the right direction I'd be so grateful.
Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service