Replies

• Okay so if I recall it was aimed north when it was armed and heading south probably west / south-west by 2000-4000 feet or so when I looked down and noticed the arrow outside the box. As I recall the bearing / the direction the arrow was pointing generally seemed correct when I could see it inside the box. I probably still have the log if that  would help. I'll look at see... 
    Paul Atherton said:

Richard, the arrow inside the radar box has nothing to do with speed. It is purely based on the change of lat/long (position coordinates from GPS) and change in bearing (Hdg) after the craft is armed compared to before.

Richard Kennedy said:

Well... as a matter of fact I did note that going with a stiff breeze I was going 60 mph with my quad. That's probably a bit faster than normal however not exceptionally unusual for a plane. Thanks for looking into it.  

• Richard, the arrow inside the radar box has nothing to do with speed. It is purely based on the change of lat/long (position coordinates from GPS) and change in bearing (Hdg) after the craft is armed compared to before.

Richard Kennedy said:

Well... as a matter of fact I did note that going with a stiff breeze I was going 60 mph with my quad. That's probably a bit faster than normal however not exceptionally unusual for a plane. Thanks for looking into it.  

• Well... as a matter of fact I did note that going with a stiff breeze I was going 60 mph with my quad. That's probably a bit faster than normal however not exceptionally unusual for a plane. Thanks for looking into it.  

Paul Atherton said:

Richard, I have tested this tonight, and I can get the arrow outside the box, but only under extreme circumstances - like when the latitude changes vastly during the flight - simulating the craft having flown 40+km. I do agree that the arrow should never leave the box by design so will attempt to have a look at this, but as this bit was written by someone with a much higher grasp of trigonometry than me, it could take some time for me to figure this all out. It would be good to know the details of the flight which resulted in your findings. Such as the lat/long and vehicle heading prior to arming, (I.e. the home position/bearing), and then the lat/long and heading when you saw the arrow out of the box. Any ideas?

Thanks, Paul

Paul Atherton said:

No worries Richard. I'll check this on 2.1.9 myself and see if I can reproduce the issue. Cheers, Paul

Richard Kennedy said:

I'm sorry my mistake yes 2.1.9   perhaps if I just waited it would have migrated back within the screen I haven't had time to try it again.... 

• Richard, I have tested this tonight, and I can get the arrow outside the box, but only under extreme circumstances - like when the latitude changes vastly during the flight - simulating the craft having flown 40+km. I do agree that the arrow should never leave the box by design so will attempt to have a look at this, but as this bit was written by someone with a much higher grasp of trigonometry than me, it could take some time for me to figure this all out. It would be good to know the details of the flight which resulted in your findings. Such as the lat/long and vehicle heading prior to arming, (I.e. the home position/bearing), and then the lat/long and heading when you saw the arrow out of the box. Any ideas?

Thanks, Paul

Paul Atherton said:

No worries Richard. I'll check this on 2.1.9 myself and see if I can reproduce the issue. Cheers, Paul

Richard Kennedy said:

I'm sorry my mistake yes 2.1.9   perhaps if I just waited it would have migrated back within the screen I haven't had time to try it again.... 

• Tim,

I have attached a spreadsheet containing details of the telemetry sensors and values contained in each, which are produced by using the passthru protocol you refer to. Thanks to Luis Vale for providing these to me and allowing me to share here. Hopefully this will be of help in writing LUA script etc.

Best wishes, Paul

Tim Painter said:

Hi Paul.

Thanks for the comprehensive reply .

I have  been "out of the loop "  for some time how quickly things change.

I am using a inverter to get data directly from pixhawk into Sport.

the main reason for doing this was to save £20 on a teensy but the cost of craft and theory lua would cancel this out

arducopter 3.4  also seems to directly output "repurposed " telemetry.

I think this would be easier to use with a lua script with a few tweeks.

Thanks again for the information

Tim

option10_APM.xlsx

• No worries Richard. I'll check this on 2.1.9 myself and see if I can reproduce the issue. Cheers, Paul

Richard Kennedy said:

• I'm sorry my mistake yes 2.1.9   perhaps if I just waited it would have migrated back within the screen I haven't had time to try it again.... 

• Richard, my solution is only provided for Opentx 2.1 and 2.2. The older Clooney82 repo has a 2.0 version. I wasn't involved in the project at that time Sorry.
  • Hi Paul

I flew my quad yesterday W/ arducopter 3.4 and open TX 2.0... not sure what the triangular shaped thing is called on the far right in the main screen but anyway it works great except it managed to get almost %100 out of the screen. It does aim 'home' correctly. Any ideas?? Thanks

• Hey Fnoop,

The 2.0 master is the best one for now. I tested this just over a week ago with 2.2.0-rc11 - I didn't realise that rc12 was out already as have been away on holiday. I'll test with rc12 this week.

Of course it works fine with 2.1.9 also.

I re-created the wav files in the project also. Before, the project provided only the TELEM folder (to be placed inside the OpenTx /SOUNDS/en folder) which contained the additional wav files required for status text messages to be called, but as these files were only provided with the choice of Ava or Samantha voices, it meant that if you had the OpenTx sound pack installed initially, then these additional telemetry voices would not match the OpenTx voices. So to rectify this, I now also provide customised OpenTx sound packs (with some additional voice files - both OpenTx 2.1 and 2.2v6 versions) so that you can have all sounds either in Ava or Samantha. I just checked and can see that in rc12, they have released yet another sound pack version (v7), so I will need to check the differences and fix any changes to the standard voice files that have been introduced.

Cheers, Paul

This reply was deleted.

Activity