Hi all,

I just bought an FrSky Taranis for my quad copter and needed to get the Mavlink data up on the Taranis LCD telemetry display. So here is my solution using a Teensy3.1 as a converter between MavLink and the S.Port on FrSky X8R.

See attached file below...

Views: 308717

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Would like to know also. I cant really see any difference visually with the boards,

Yes LC will work as well.  Due to reduced hardware capabilities there are some things it probably can't do like LED control, but basic stuff should work.

Sure it can, but remember the lc board runs on 3.3v, so you will need a voltage regulator capable of supplying that...which us why I chose the 3.2 board on 3 of my models

IO is only 3.3v tolerant but Vin is up to 5.5v.  Our 'standard' wiring for this application powers the teensy from the receiver so LC should be fine without any modifications or extra regulators.

LC is a good choice as it's half the price :)

So should it work with the io from pixhawk without issue?

Yes all pixhawk logic is 3.3v except CAN:

https://pixhawk.org/modules/pixhawk

The LC also has a Vin level logic booster on pin 17 so you can control LEDs like the neopixels, pretty cool :)

Good afternoon. Can I connect this sensor in parallel, to see the data on the remote and radio telemetry? Or, only one can be connected? Apm connector on the one.

Yes it can be connected to the same Telem port as the 3dr radio. Just make sure you only connect the Tx line from the telem port to the Teensy (not the Rx). This means your 3dr radio will connect to both Tx and Rx on the telem port and will be the only device talking to the flight controller, whilst the Teensy will only receive info from the Tx line of the flight controller without talking back to the FC. Hopefully that answers your question.

It took me 6 months to figure that out!!! I was having all kinds of problems then I thought hey I wonder what would happen if I cut this wire... snip... fixed! :] 

better picture)

Yes, see my last reply

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service