Andropilot - discussion for Android ground controller users/developers

Hi ya'll,

The thread on my blog post is getting a little unmanageable.  How about we discuss test results here instead...  

I'll also post release notes as new builds are out.  The device must support 'USB host mode' (most devices running android 3.1 or later are fine).  You'll need a 'OTG' adapter such as this

Please post feedback here or on the github issues site - the google play comments are not really useful yet.

Hi ya'll.  Please move further discussion of this app to a newly created group:

http://www.diydrones.com/groups/705844:Group:1132500?xg_source=msg_...

Feel free to make new approprately titled discussion threads.  

Future app releases will be announced only there.

Views: 54854

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"looking for vehicle" was poor word choice on my part.  That just means that it is waiting to receive its first status message... You just haven't received any 'status' messages yet from the vehicle.

I am getting GPS data because plane showing on map close to position

It lools like it is trying to show in overview window the list starts single space and then go to double space like it showing data I just cant see........Overview window background color is black 

black text ? I have done that more than once......LOL 

the labels are light gray not a ton of contrast

I will test in the morning and send a couple of photos

I think the data is there I just cant see it,  just my opinion for what it's worth

Let me start by thanking you for a great job, I am hooked and look forward to every update...

I have a Sony S tablet and the app(latest ver) is running fine. The vehicle overview is not getting populated and the airplane icon is mostly yellow. I am not sure about the update rate of information from the APM (ver1) to the tablet. I have mounted the APM board ontop of an RC Car for test purposes and the GPS position was not getting updated smoothly. The Paramaters and RC Channel screen are getting populated and update as I move the stick correctly.

I also have the app installed on a Samsung Note phone (ver1)  and I am getting a similar behavior as noted above.

I just bought an android tablet just to experiment with this. Can't wait till it gets here. Keep up  the good work ! 

This is the best app that I have on my Phone & Tablet ... BIG thank you!!!

Kevin,

I tried across 4 APM 2.5s on different craft. Versions from 2.6 through 2.9.1 and I am getting no data out of the 3DR Telemtry. The plane turns Blue, but does not lock into home position, I get no updates and the Vehicle Overview is black and the "looking for vehicle" has no updates. I have validated that all 4 work perfect at the proper baud rate with Mission Planner and when I back install 1.27 it works to give me data again although 1.27 was limited in what we could do. The param screen sometimes it just shows a Circle and nothing ever comes up, other times it shows partial params, with alot of the with ? marks....When I click on the plane icon I get only Alt 137m showing, so I am not receiving the other data I did in 1.27 like battery voltage etc...when I click on the plane icon. Let me know if this is just me or something that needs troubleshooting, happy to help solve this. Very eager to get 1.30 running I have some live tests I wanted to do with it and make some videos walking through it.

+1 for Andrews improvments.

great application, can be wonderful ^^

I would also like to communicate via the XBEE but this is not recognized.

In you story tell your that you do with dl'd what you downloaded from the Google Playstore.

Love to here some more information how and what app it is.

Thanks for the report - it sounds like I must have busted something after 0.1.27.  I didn't do much development last night, I'll debug/fix whatever this is tonight.

Thanks for the reports on problems with 0.1.30.  On the way to work I think I thought of the cause (also the 'queuing' behavior seen by tridge).  I'll fix it tonight, but until I have a new release out I recommend folks that need 'reliability' stay with 0.1.27.

Sounds good Kevin, look forward to the fix and the updated release. This UI is coming along quite well, and it is really starting to get to a very functional level! Well done and thanks again for all the hard work on this!

The mavproxy tunnel/software simulator is ignoring this and then messages are queing up faster than I can dispatch them (though I presume I should be able to get through them pretty fast)?

yep. By default mavproxy doesn't forward stream rate requests from downstream clients, as it doesn't make sense for multiple ground stations to be setting the stream rate.

So it would have been running at 4Hz instead of 1Hz. I'm surprised a Nexus7 can't handle 4Hz though, it's not really much data. I'll need to dig through the code and see how you are doing the main loop. I presumed you'd be using something equivalent to select() or poll(), but maybe there is something time dependent in there?

Cheers, Tridge

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2018   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service