Andropilot - discussion for Android ground controller users/developers

Hi ya'll,

The thread on my blog post is getting a little unmanageable.  How about we discuss test results here instead...  

I'll also post release notes as new builds are out.  The device must support 'USB host mode' (most devices running android 3.1 or later are fine).  You'll need a 'OTG' adapter such as this

Please post feedback here or on the github issues site - the google play comments are not really useful yet.

Hi ya'll.  Please move further discussion of this app to a newly created group:

http://www.diydrones.com/groups/705844:Group:1132500?xg_source=msg_...

Feel free to make new approprately titled discussion threads.  

Future app releases will be announced only there.

Views: 55092

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

AGL is also too long when spoken. It is the number of syllables that matters. I've

what about tuning the speech speed per word, is that possible ? (not sure if an application can do that, or if it's a part of API at all.)

At a fear of apearing dumb
Could someone please explain what udp is
And how to use it
Many thanks
stu

0.1.13 also didn't get comms on Samsung Galaxy S3LTE.

Testing with 0.1.30 went OK. Connected on second attempt. Still ???'s in parameters. Only had limited space for testing. It would be useful if:

-it automatically switched to guided mode from loiter if you create a waypoint and press goto.

-we could see the units of the parameters when editing them.

-could get some confirmation when parameters have been verified as changed.

The plane icon doesn't rotate when yawing?

I got it to fly to waypoints, but the position where it stopped wasn't very accurate. Out by more than 10m. Could this be a rounding error?

Still a great app!

Kevin

Can you tell me if you know how to use the Xbee have programmed in the software.

Thanks

xbee's should just work (if they work via usb to your computer).  A number of folks have reported success.

Like the new features but I am not getting communication with the APM.

Hi ya'll,

If the current version is not communicating with your device, please do two things:

• Temporarily stay with 0.1.27 (I should put the usb workaround back in later tonight)
  • Post what version of android you have (not type of phone).  
Andropilot 0.1.31 didn't work with Android 4.1.2

Android ICS 4.1.2 on all 4 of my devices and I have tried 3DR Modem, Xbee Pro 2.4 + Xbee Pro 900mhz modem + xbee/bluetooth modem. None of them work past 1.27.

Andoid 4.0.4 on Samsung Note

Android 4.0.3 on Sony S Tablet

APM 2.68

3DR 900 Radios

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service