Andropilot - discussion for Android ground controller users/developers

Hi ya'll,

The thread on my blog post is getting a little unmanageable.  How about we discuss test results here instead...  

I'll also post release notes as new builds are out.  The device must support 'USB host mode' (most devices running android 3.1 or later are fine).  You'll need a 'OTG' adapter such as this

Please post feedback here or on the github issues site - the google play comments are not really useful yet.

Hi ya'll.  Please move further discussion of this app to a newly created group:

http://www.diydrones.com/groups/705844:Group:1132500?xg_source=msg_...

Feel free to make new approprately titled discussion threads.  

Future app releases will be announced only there.

Views: 55148

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Some tablet recognize the xbee USB explorer as a serial modem, some do not. Mine does I use a custom rom and it has support for USB explorer so works just like it would on mission planner. Xbee USB attached to android device and xbee attached to apm with same baud rate paired and no problems. But if your tablet does not recognize xbee then it can be a challenge, Kevin can talk more to native xbee driver support in andropilot down the road. Some have been successful already due to either running custom rom that has xbee support or utilizing jelly bean version where it recognized the xbee as a generic serial modem.

Kevin,

You're doing all the testing on a Nexus 7 right? How do you like the tablet itself? I have an iPad that I won in a contest and enjoy it but have always wondered what an Android tablet is like. Since I returned the Nexus 4 I had and am sticking with the GS3 for OTG support (and I have a skin that makes it just like the N4 now anyway), I thought about picking up a N7 to stay up to date on the work you're doing so there's difference with what you see.

Once this 2' of snow melts off, I hope to get something up and running outside so I can do some testing with this myself.

Hmm - can you post the USB vendor and product IDs of the Xbee you are using?  Someone else provided those to me, and the ids were just standard ftdi serial adapter IDs and his Xbee worked fine.  

Also can you try the following and report back: Try plugging a _powered_ USB hub between the xbee and the tablet.  It is possible the USB metadata for a xbee is asking for more current than most tablets are willing to provide.

I really like the N7. ;-)

Hi
Samsung s3" 4.1 3dr915
When connecting to mission planner hight is
Zero
But when using andropilot hight says 106 m
Any ideas how correct this ?
Stu

Prior to version 0.1.36 we reported latitude as MSL.  I've changed it to AGL for 0.1.36 and later - so you should be good now.

Do I need a live internet connection or can an area of map be loaded/cached onto the device while at hoe on Wifi, then used in the field when offline?  

I have a desktop PC, no smart phone/hotspot or laptop. There is no internet access when flying at the local club field or anywhere outside my home Wifi router range.

I'm curious about this in MP as well as AndroPilot.

OTG cable on the way from Amazon and I plan to pick up an N7 this week ( thanks to Kevin and everyone for their input!).

I can figure this out myself after picking up the N7 ;<)  but thought I'd ask, then I can add it to the Wiki if appropriate under Equipment Requirements to Utilize Andropilot:"

Hi, I flew 0.1.36  today - and can confirm that even after arming on ground - thee atitude is displayed as (in my case) 21m and at at 40m waypoint, the altitude is reported as 61m. - both on the plane icon, and the  "overview" tab

Quick question... Is bluetooth working yet?

OK I have been trying to get this to work with my Galaxy S2 but no luck so far, I am in the middle of reinstalling it's origonal OS (As I got ice cream before I was meant to) And Im guessing my problems arose conflicts with the beta code.

Loving this GCS, Just loving it!

Nope - It is pretty low on my list of priorities (because I find direct connection of the 3dr radios a better way to go). However, if someone wants to add it I'm happy to give them pointers and accept github pull-requests.

When I get a chance in a few days I'll probably add a little HOWTO to the docs.  But in short: fire up mavproxy on your laptop and have it forward UDP to the tablet.  Set Andropilot in "inbound udp" mode in the settings.

If someone who is using this could add better instructions to the wiki that would be awesome.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service