Andropilot - discussion for Android ground controller users/developers

Hi ya'll,

The thread on my blog post is getting a little unmanageable.  How about we discuss test results here instead...  

I'll also post release notes as new builds are out.  The device must support 'USB host mode' (most devices running android 3.1 or later are fine).  You'll need a 'OTG' adapter such as this

Please post feedback here or on the github issues site - the google play comments are not really useful yet.

Hi ya'll.  Please move further discussion of this app to a newly created group:

http://www.diydrones.com/groups/705844:Group:1132500?xg_source=msg_...

Feel free to make new approprately titled discussion threads.  

Future app releases will be announced only there.

Views: 55141

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kevin, I'm dabbling with this on the phone and tablet.  I found the UDP settings.  I notice it is looking for an IP Address and port#.  So I assume this means to do this, I need to put my phone in wireless hotspot mode.  What's the easiest way to find the IP address?  I'm assuming that the hotspot mode does DHCP instead of static so it might change on every connection, so... any tips on managing this situation?

My old T-Moble G1 needs another new battery, time to move on to a Samsung S3. I have made my choice after reviewing this great blog. I was considering a a  S2, Nexus 4, or maybe a iPhone 5. Thank you for creating and publishing this fine app.

How, if already possible - can I enable display of altitude or other essential information ?

Yeah, I can just see a flood of people heading to stores and asking "Yes, but will that phone run Andropilot?"  LOL

This is a great example of why I think Apple will decline.  They've been riding a wave for quite some time.  They invented or... revolutionized a market (I think RIM actually created the smartphone market), and have benefited from the inertia of having all these IOS apps.  The ecosystem feeds on itself.

But now Android ecosystem is mature, and you start to see the advantages of their system.  That being the ease with which people can make Apps.  Kevin never could have managed this the way he has (Alpha released in the marketplace) with Apple.

Hi ya'll,

I received a bug report of vehicle position only getting updated when it reaches a waypoint (thanks for the report Andre).  Alas, I don't see this behavior here.  Can anyone else report seeing this oddness?

Just click on the plane icon and a little popup will appear above it (altitude/voltage etc...).  The values in that box should update as they change.

Yep.  I used to work for Apple (and Google) and this is totally true.  Also, by developing for Android I don't have to use Objective-C which is a nasty language... ;-)

I'd say wait a couple of days - I need to fix a couple of UDP bugs (probably tonight)

Can you click on the plane icon and provide me the text that appeared in the popup window?  That would explain the yellow and possibly the not moving.

Ok, i will give you mesages tomorrow.

Eric

New release - mainly work behind the hood to make it super easy to add all sorts of new info panels on the right side (if anyone wants to give it a shot, look at RcChannelsFragment.scala for an example.  

# 0.1.28

* Add a basic RC channels info panel
* Add preferences option to force the screen to stay on (default off)
* Fix mode display when waking from sleep
* Change param list over to new fragment system
* Use gestures to change the info panels
* Add periodic updates for rcchannels (share actor client code with map & mainactivity)

For next release:
* FIXME - add vehicle info panel (should be easy now that I have the slidy panel stuff in)
* FIXME - add waypoint panel (should be easy now that I have the slidy panel stuff in)
* FIXME: fix udp receiver
* FIXME: add waypoint change type (via menu dropdown)
* FIXME: make a website
* Change waypoint icons as appropriate...
* FIXME: Use a state machine to ensure we don't get confused if someone moves a waypoint while we are busy uploading new waypoints

Work great on the Toshiba Thrive tablet........Thrive has built in USB A port no adapter needed. Tested on Xbee 900mhz

Nice work 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service