Andropilot - discussion for Android ground controller users/developers

Hi ya'll,

The thread on my blog post is getting a little unmanageable.  How about we discuss test results here instead...  

I'll also post release notes as new builds are out.  The device must support 'USB host mode' (most devices running android 3.1 or later are fine).  You'll need a 'OTG' adapter such as this

Please post feedback here or on the github issues site - the google play comments are not really useful yet.

Hi ya'll.  Please move further discussion of this app to a newly created group:

http://www.diydrones.com/groups/705844:Group:1132500?xg_source=msg_...

Feel free to make new approprately titled discussion threads.  

Future app releases will be announced only there.

Views: 55116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry if I missed this but, are we able to swipe to open and close the information panes or HUD?  If we want just a fullscreen map?  I tried, assuming you could do that, but it didn't seem to work.

I just got a reply from google.  The fixed USB is only in 4.2.  I'll need to keep my nasty workaround for previous releases.  I'll add it back tonight.

Great to see that the growing feature list.  Sorry to see that ICS is causing problems but I do hope you continue with ICS compatibility.  The fact that I have ICS on my phone and tablet is responsible for a strong bias... 

With ICS (4.0.x) at 29% of Android devices in use it is a long way from dying off and still more than double the installed base of JB (4.1 & 4.2), sitting at 13.6%.

no problem.  I'll definitely keep ics support ;-)

Hmmm... I've got CyanogenMod 9.1 on my SGS2 which is based on 4.0, so that's not great.  For some reason I thought there was a CM11 available for my phone but, on second look, nope.  :(

+1

A quick test requested!  So tonight I'm working on some new stuff, but before releasing that I want to make sure I've unbroken <4.2 devices.  If you have a device that works with 0.1.27 but not 0.1.31, can you download 0.1.32 from the github download site and report back here with:

• You have android version X
  • You did the test
  • And it either did or did not fix USB access for you

If 0.1.31 was already working for you - no need to upgrade to this quicky build.  If anyone is curious, here is the hack: https://github.com/geeksville/arduleader/commit/22b9f8a40ec3449807d...

Android 4.0.4 is now working with 1.33. Thank you :)

I am still broke 

Thrive 3.1

Xbee 900mhz

Does it work for you on 0.1.27?

yes it work in 1.27

thx - it will be in the next version (sort of - I'm adding swiping for the portrait orientation and adding hud as an optional panel on landscape)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service