Another Minimosd waiting for Mavlink Question

Hello all,

I have spent last night and this afternoon and evening on this. I have read everything I could find and tried everything that was offered. I just keep getting waiting for Mavlink on both of them?

APM 2.5 (brandnew) and APM 2.5 1 month old.

MP 1.2.45,  mav 1.0.

2 x Minimosd 1.1 with V2.0 Firmware and latest charset and tried minimosd extra, and 1 x RCtimer Mavlink osd.

I a not running 3DR although I do have them.

I take it that the pinouts of the Telem Port from inside are Vcc,Tx,Rx etc running Tx - Rx and Rx - Tx etc.

1 APM is for Arducopter and 1 for Ardupilot.

I got the minims yesterday and when I first plugged them in they both worked fine. I wanted to try extra so I uploaded it, changed the parameters in MP as per wiki for minim extra and didnt work for either copter or plane.

Reloaded minim hex and charset on osd, cleared eeprom and factory reset in both APMs and still nothing? I have changed rx-tx pins on the cable and still nothing.tried with 12v to digital side for charset. I have tried reset.

What am I missing. As it worked when I first got it I thought factory reset would do the trick as it just worked when I first got it. 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What do you mean on "both" of them, who are the both, both for me implies two ?

Im having the same problem. My hex has a 3dradio which feeds the osd( i got it like this from udrones). When i have my "other" 3dr on my computer on the "waiting screen" disappears and i get the screen i configured using the tool. The camera and overlay is perfect, im trying to fix the "waiting screen problem" just like Damian.

I flashed my osd(minimosd) with the latest version and the same thing happens. My understanding is the 3dr on the hex is trying to find its other half and for whatever reason doesnt send any telemetry, so the osd has nothing to show.

Not knowing much, the only solution i can think of and have it show something meaningful is to reroute the osd straight to the APM. Does this make sense ? Can we insert a splitter that so the OSD and 3DR both read from the APM instead of daisy channing OSD <- 3DR <-> APM ?

The minimosd naturally has nothing to display. Is there a way to have the osd take stuff from the How can one fix this ?

• BTW.

Video is crystal clear so its only the OSD overlay. I know there are many posts on this but none of those helped me this time

This reply was deleted.

Activity